Rabbit hunting

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
russ010 said:
unless you shoot them in the head, a 22 wouldn't have put him down.... i've tried with a 22 mag at about 15 yards on a doe. It didn't even penetrate the skin... well, I couldn't find any blood splatter and neither could the dogs
a guy in or hunting club shot a doe in the head with a 22 it killed it

I heard about 4 or 5 guys that killed deer that had infected wounds from someone shooting the deer with too small of a caliber. You owe it to the deer to use something powerful enough to kill it cleanly....

Like I said, unless shot in the head with a 22, it won't kill them.

Why would you use that small of a caliber anyways? I'm not part of PETA or anything, but even I wouldn't shoot something unless I had the caliber to kill it

it was hard not to but 22's up here are illegal for deer plus my freezer is full.

theres plenty of room in my freezer :mrgreen: . ill even buy another one if i have too :lol:

as far as a .22 not killing a deer. false. yah you can shoot them in the head and watch them jump around for awile (its a horrible sight)

i dont like to say it, but ive shot and killed a deer with a .22 . its all in the shot placement, but it's to easy for the bullet to bounce off a bone and just wound the deer so it can run off and die in a thicket. i was 13 when i shot my first deer with a .22 rite in the heart, and it was the last time.. i like to drop my deer in its tracks now days

those are some pretty dogs yuns got. im going out saturday morning with some buddys for my first time rabbit hunting with dogs. cant wait!

how do yall cook ye'r rabbits?

Loggerhead Mike said:
it was hard not to but 22's up here are illegal for deer plus my freezer is full.

theres plenty of room in my freezer :mrgreen: . ill even buy another one if i have too :lol:

as far as a .22 not killing a deer. false. yah you can shoot them in the head and watch them jump around for awile (its a horrible sight)

i dont like to say it, but ive shot and killed a deer with a .22 . its all in the shot placement, but it's to easy for the bullet to bounce off a bone and just wound the deer so it can run off and die in a thicket. i was 13 when i shot my first deer with a .22 rite in the heart, and it was the last time.. i like to drop my deer in its tracks now days

those are some pretty dogs yuns got. im going out saturday morning with some buddys for my first time rabbit hunting with dogs. cant wait!

how do yall cook ye'r rabbits?
you r gonna love the sound of the dogs runnin i hunt deer with dogs

i feel like alittle kid waitin on christmas.

how do yuns hunt deer with dogs? do the dogs grab the deer like say a hog dog, or do they just jump them and you shoot the deer on the run? that sounds awsome

you find a deer track and then turn out the dogs and the dogs go in the woods and jump the deer and when the deer runs across the rood you shoot it

I could have caught you a beagle. My last hunt of deer season was ruined by some assholes that let their dogs run through my land. I watched those dogs crisscross my shooting lanes for 2 hours...

FishinsMyLife said:
I could have caught you a beagle. My last hunt of deer season was ruined by some assholes that let their dogs run through my land. I watched those dogs crisscross my shooting lanes for 2 hours...
our hunting club trys our hardest to keep our dogs off other peoples land :D but others dont try at all those are the people that give dog hunting a bad name :evil: [-X

Latest posts