Requesting Info on motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassm1

Reaction score
First of all, greetings to all, I am a new member and this is my first post, sorry it had to be a request for info although I have posted in the jon boat upgrade forum.

Well here it is, TPWD in Austin, TX was auctioning a bunch of outboards and I won a 1984 30hp Evinrude Outboard model#E30CRRE for $350. It came with no propeller, so I had to buy one and I also put new spark plugs in it. It has the tiller control and also rope start. I also bought the Clymer repair manual and started going thru it to get familiar with it since this is my very first boat motor.

Well, after cleaning it up and looking it over I decided to see if it would start. It actually started on the second pull.

So, here is my first question, how warm or hot should the water be that exits the exhaust? I'm curious because I noticed that the water coming out of the hose was much cooler than the water exiting the exhaust holes. It's probably normal but I didn't see anything in the manual, specifically the "flushing" section, referencing the temp of the water exiting the exhaust. As far as I can tell, water is exiting all the required holes and exhaust as described.

Thanks in advance.

the water exiting the motor will be considerably warmer after circulating through a warm engine...just make sure you change the impeller since it is a motor than you just bought and don't know when the last time it was changed.

Good advive Kajun

So long as you have a good flow you should be OK

weak water pressure and flow are the death of 2 stroke engines - yours sounds great

Thanks to Captain Ahab and Kajun for the info.

I'll check the manual on how to change out the impeller this weekend.

Thanks again.

Latest posts