Revo STX

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pont

Reaction score
Anyone using these? How are they at throwing light or smaller crankbaits? Also, how are they at pitching jigs under docks etc?

I would use it more as a jig reel, as the speeds do not relate to cranks for me. I have the STX, and an SX in the mail. I love the STX, I use it all the time as my spinnerbait reel, smooth as dammit, strong drag, and very comfortable in my hand.

Jim said:
I use mine for Spinnerbaits too. It would work nice for flipping jigs. No go on the lighter lures....Its too much of a workhorse.

Stop copying me, next thing, you'll be ordering a SX for C-rigs!!

Yes, he is correct, I think I read that 1/4 is too small, even a 1/4 oz. spinnerbait is closer to 3/8 after the blades, trailer hook, skirt, etc.

I have an stx and love it. I use it for everything including weightless plastics. I love the star drag with its clicking adjustments, this helps in making precise quick drag adjustments. The drag is smooth and super strong, up to 24lbs depending on the model. The 7.1:1 model, which I have, is great for topwater frogs and bbuzzbaits. The only bait I never really throw with this reel is crankbaits. Great all around reel.

I have an STX and it bounced around my line up last year as to what it would be used for. It makes a fine pitching reel but I feel that it's so smooth with the bearings in the knobs that I was missing some benefit. This year I'm going to use it for cranks and spinner baits. I think my Shimano Chronarch MG is a better light bait reel. The only real negative about the STX to me is that it really seems heavy on the gear/handle side. Like it wants to flop over, it's not a horrible flaw or anything and maybe I'm insane but that's how it feels to me.

Hello
I have a STX and love it, I am in the process of buying a new one at first I was leaning towards the SX. But a buddy of mine said that he has a harder time throwing smaller baits.. Just out of curiosity why did you lean towards getting the STX over the SX?

X

Latest posts