Rick Clunn to run Aluminum at Classic!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quackrstackr said:
Waterwings said:
Found this pic over at the bassmaster.com site. Steve Kennedy trying to get his tin rig "un-stuck" after running aground pre-fishing for the Classic. Anyone else notice that there are no manufacturer markings on the motor and the boat brand seems to have been painted over!? :-k

I would bet that's a borrowed or temporary boat. It has an old Johnson on it.

I imagine the paint has been added because neither of the manufacturers are his sponsors.

That's my thoughts also. :) . The Tracker Avalanche was a neat concept that didn't catch-on (imo), and I don't think they really put a lot into advertising it. A;so read on a forum quite awhile back that they were also having some stress crack problems on the botton of the hull.

Just found this over at bassmaster.com:

... Rick Clunn also has an aluminum jet boat that he ran in practice...

So, we know it's a jet boat, but not which one.
headscratch_shrug_smilie.gif
. I guess we'll know tomorrow when the event kicks-off 8)

Waterwings said:

This just in.. here is a spy photo leaked from practice:

cbbb04pass1a.jpg

the smaller bats could help get into some skinny water they have on the red river. ad since they won't have a co-angler fishing they wont be worried about floor space, but if the draw a big sized Marshall in the 275lb class they will regret not having a 21' boat with the 250 on it.

apparently the conditions are not what was anticipated and the water level is low(normal pool). All the pros are saying it's fishing smaller and they will have to share spots so I think that a big engine would work in your favor so the tin may not be of benefit like anticipated.

redbug said:
that boat sure looks like it is back heavy

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm sure that jet lower unit adds a little weight, not to mention his co-angler sitting on the outboard. :shock:

Bubba said:
redbug said:
that boat sure looks like it is back heavy

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm sure that jet lower unit adds a little weight, not to mention his co-angler sitting on the outboard. :shock:

My thoughts exactly! The guy on the back doesn't look to be a little fella either. :shock:

Kennedy's boat looks good! 8)

Quackrstackr said:
Waterwings said:

This just in.. here is a spy photo leaked from practice:

cbbb04pass1a.jpg

Why does that picture make me automatically think that it was taken in Alabama right after the guy said: "Hey, hold my beer and watch this."?

Latest posts