RLC61's Tracker 1542 Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The framing looks great. Cant wait to see the finished product and the decking. I have a 1542 with a side console that I am thinking about moving up on top the the middle bench to make a center console. I will more than likely copy your rear deck framing. Any pointers on the rear deck and gas tank hatch?

bigredxlt said:
The framing looks great. Cant wait to see the finished product and the decking. I have a 1542 with a side console that I am thinking about moving up on top the the middle bench to make a center console. I will more than likely copy your rear deck framing. Any pointers on the rear deck and gas tank hatch?

Thanks Bigred. The only problem with the rear decking, is the tops of the pods on each side behind the bench seat, are slanted towards the middle of the boat, probably for water run-off. There is a 1/4" difference on my boat, so I had to shim the framing to make it level. I had some 1 1/4" alum tube so I used it for the gas tank hatch, so it wouldbe plenty strong to walking on. I'd be more than happy to explain anything in more detail in the future if you need it.

Good thing I don't have those pods to worry about. Did you keep track of the amount of aluminum angle and tube that you used? If you did, how many feet of angle and tube did you use? Just trying to get an estimate on how much I need to order.

Thanks

Not exact footage of alum tube and angle, but about 10 tube and 3 angle. The 1" tube is normally 24' lengths, and the angle 25', but I bought some smaller lengths at times. Some were only 8' - 10' long. Whatever they had when I went to the metal shop. I have a bunch of angle left over and a good bit of tube as well. I will use a little bit more of both doing some bracing, but not too much. The boat is 15' long and 59" wide at the top, so you can probably guesstimate how much is used.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=342928#p342928 said:
RLC61 » Today, 11:52[/url]"]
bigredxlt said:

Thanks Bigred. The only problem with the rear decking, is the tops of the pods on each side behind the bench seat, are slanted towards the middle of the boat, probably for water run-off. There is a 1/4" difference on my boat, so I had to shim the framing to make it level. I had some 1 1/4" alum tube so I used it for the gas tank hatch, so it wouldbe plenty strong to walking on. I'd be more than happy to explain anything in more detail in the future if you need it.

I have the same boat, only its a 2011. My rear pods are actually level. Maybe they decided to slant them on the newer ones, who knows. Your boat is gonna fly with a 25 on it. I have an '87 yamaha 9.9, and I get 16mph with 2 people , gear, and all my decking---and im not a small guy by any means.

I hope your right Chrispy. I have 2 Series 29 batteries, MK 210 Onboard Charger, and I still need to get the cranking battery. With all that weight plus the decking, console, etc, there will be a good bit of weight there, not including all our gear. I'm about 186 lbs, but my wife is a little Thai girl of only about 96 lbs.

Yeah that boat should fly with a 25. The boat in itself is under 200 lbs.

Yeah, it says 190 lbs on the tracker website. It would be nice if I could hit 25 - 30 mph with a 25hp.

have you considered a lawn mower battery for cranking the motor/fish finders to keep weight down? i have one thats about 10 lbs, and its great for my 35hp 3 cylinder johnson with tilt/trim, two sidefinder/gps, and 12v plug for cell phone/mp3 player charging. best of all it was only $25