RL's 1236 G3 Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rl206

Reaction score
Hi all, LONG time lurker and rarely post so I figured I'd post up my build!
I used to have a 1032 that leaked and could fit in the back of my rig, loved it but it had to go!
GOAL
Is to have a boat that I can deck for my bow mount but still be able to get into smaller hand launch lakes.

After hunting on cl for 3 months for the setup I wanted (36" or larger bottom), I gave up after trying to look for a unicorn...
TRAILER
1979 EZ-Loader- CL -$400

BOAT
2014 G3 1236
1st owner!
On the way home from the dealer!

So far that's how she sits.

So far, it's a constant project...

I'll update some pics Monday of the deck once it's installed!
I am almost finished w/ my deck for the bow.
All I have left to do is finish the carpeting around the hatch and install my hatch.
I acquired a Motorguide bow mount motor awhile back so for now it'll do but will eventually be swapped out for a Minn Kota.

As for the trailer, I immediately got the lights up to date w/ some new LED's.
I adjusted the bunks for the new boat as well.
I regreased the bearings last week to get me out for 2 trips this week not far from home.
This week I'll swap out the bearings for new, as well as replace the winch and post and get a new jack for the tongue.
I'm pretty sure the tires will roll for a bit longer, and will replace them as the blow.

As for the time being I've brought it out about 4 times now to make sure it had Mojo.

I'll say it's safe to say it has some!
1st Trip out!

Nice set up! Im workin with almost the exact same setup as you, your boats newer but same size, etc. Im building decks, hatches, etc as well! I need to update my thread but hopefully we can bounce some ideas off of eachother! Look forward to see some updates! :lol:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=351899#p351899 said:
XtremeAngler17 » 42 minutes ago[/url]"]Nice set up! Im workin with almost the exact same setup as you, your boats newer but same size, etc. Im building decks, hatches, etc as well! I need to update my thread but hopefully we can bounce some ideas off of eachother! Look forward to see some updates! :lol:

For sure!

I'm still debating what to do for a rear deck.

I'll put layer on the floor by the transom for the battery for sure and am trying to decide on how I want incorporate a livewell still...

Nice fish. Look forward to seeing the finished project.
I have the same boat but have yet to take it out. How tippy is it? I assume you stand up to bass fish out it.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=351954#p351954 said:
heff » Today, 05:59[/url]"]Nice fish. Look forward to seeing the finished project.
I have the same boat but have yet to take it out. How tippy is it? I assume you stand up to bass fish out it.

Thanks!

And yes, I stood on the back seat. I like how much bigger the rear bench is compared to the other boats I was looking at.

As far as tippy'ness, it's not too bad, it's day and night difference between my old 1032. The girlfriend refuses to stand up in it, but she doesn't have her sea legs...

Last night I ended up pulling the trigger on the "Dig In" shallow water anchor pole. I plan on using it as a push pole and a shallow water anchor. Should be here Thursday!

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Dig_In_Shallow_Water_Anchor_8_Pole/descpage-DP8.html

After shift today ran around for some last minute things, but essentially done.

Dropped it in to see how it looked.

While I was in the driveway working on it got a visit from the Brown Santa!
Dig In pole came a day early!

Still have some small things left to do, but all of the hard work is done!

That's looking good!

Are you running two batteries for both of those trolling motors or just one?

Also can you fit two people on that boat or is it just going to be a solo fisher?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=352385#p352385 said:
amateurhour » Today, 07:24[/url]"]That's looking good!

Are you running two batteries for both of those trolling motors or just one?

Also can you fit two people on that boat or is it just going to be a solo fisher?

Thanks!

At the moment, I have only one battery but plan on getting another once I recover from the boat purchase.

I am working on that right now. Pre-deck, easily fished 2 people. I dunked it last night, solo the bow sits pretty close to the water, so I am working on seeing what I can do as far as transferring weight to the rear for when I'm solo. I did bring the girlfriend, w/ both of us, the boat was fine.

Latest posts