running with the big dawgs now

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DahFISH

Reaction score
Iam moving up and trading in my 9.9 4 stroke for a 20 2 stroke. With a typical tourney load of 500 lbs people, 80 lbs+- gear. How many more mph do you think I'll get out of my tracker pt165? With the 9.9 I would get 7-8mph (gps).

I would agree!

In my G3 pro 165 with 25hp 4stroke I got 13-18 depending on wind/calm water.

Xmytruck with his pro team 165 with 25hp 4stroke gets 22+

Being a 20hp 2 stroke I would agree with Zum.

Awesome upgrade for sure!

Sweet, I cant wait to get her on the water. The 9.9 left me stranded a few times this season so I didnt get much fishing in yet, and this was a deal that I couldnt pass up.

Hey Jim, do you have any of those stickers left over? I used one on my truck and the other is on the 9.9. I'll need one on the 20 to give them somthing to read as I pass them by. :lol: 8)

Lar

Thanks Ahab,
Jim is going to send some out. After I get her back in the water maybe we can get together and rip some lips at the Nock. I got alot of fishing to make up.

Lar

Got her back from the shop and up to the lake this morning. With just me and my normal gear load she hit 20.5mph (gps), 4000 rpms @ wot. Should be at 5000 rpms So I will have to drop 2 sizes on my prop to get there. My boat guy said that they can send my prop out and have it repitched with no problems.

What size pitch did you have?Only 4000rpm on a 14 foot boat would have to be like a 15,maybe more;just guessing.Didn't think they made them that big for a 20hp.
Sounds like your loving the new speed...congrats.

Thanks Zum, Iam loving it! I'am going to have to look at it. I never actually looked at the pitch size. :roll: Its up at the lake now but I be up there tomorrow and take a look. I'm running a 16' Bass Tracker they are heavy with all the decking and stuff, so I kind of figured I might have to get the prop repitched.

Sorry,my fault,guess with all my reading I mixed up posts;thought it was a smaller boat :oops:...Makes better sense now:)
Think I've read somewhere that every pitch decrease will give you around 200rpm;varies with different boat profiles

That cool Zum, my boat guru said that with my boat style I could get 500 rpm per pitch change. So we will see, I want to do some test runs with the motor set at dif. holes before I pull the prop. I just got her back and dont want to miss any more fishing time.

Latest posts