SeaArk 1448MV

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treeratsniper

Reaction score
Greeting all, I'm a longtime lurker turned 1st time poster. Due to years of chronic shoulder problems, last year I decided to hang up my kayak paddle & went on the hunt for a jon boat. A local dealer had a used 2001 SeaArk 1448MV & a 2001 Shoreland'r trailer available so I brought them home. I spent another month scanning Craigslist for a decent outboard that wasn't a 40 yr old piece of junk. I finally bit the bullet & returned to the same dealer & purchased a new Yamaha F20 tiller. Shortly afterward, squirrel, fall turkey & deer season preoccupied my time.

My plan was to get the boat in the garage over the winter, paint it, re-deck it & build it up the way I wanted. The day before Christmas (2015) I lost my job of 5 years with no warning... The plans for the boat went by the wayside as I scrambled to figure out what to do next. After a few months I found a new gig & after spring turkey season, I got serious about working on the boat again...

Here is the SeaArk at the dealer's boatyard:

Attachments

• Sea ark 2.JPG
    Sea ark 2.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 857
Thanks, My goal is to get this thing water-worthy soon so the repaint will probably wait until the fall or winter... The 1st project is to replace the old waterlogged, rotten 3/4" plywood decking that the previous owner had installed. Heavy and covered with in/out carpeting, it has definitely seen better days. I'm using 1/8" aluminum tread-plate to replace the wood, feels like a substantial weight savings. I will upload pics as soon as my old phone cooperates.

Latest posts