SEPTEMBER Outdoors Photography Contest: VOTING CLOSED

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

September Photo Contest Voting is Open

• S&MFISH

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Codeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ihavenoideawhattoput

• JMar650

• BaitCaster

• Bubba

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • cali27

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • devilmutt

• Specknreds

• Outdoorsman

• arkansasnative

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Bassman018

• basshunter25

• hossthehermit

• caveman

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Waterfowler

• weezer71

• Truckmechanic

• Waterwings

• fender66

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • KMixson

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm "finally" in!

I've been really hoping that a cool shot would present itself to me all month, and then on Saturday, it happened. While my wife was working in the yard, she came across nature at it's best. (well, at least for me it's pretty darn cool....but I'm a snake lover). I was able to lay on my belly for about 45 minutes inches away while taking pictures (nearly 90 shots) of the whole process of this Garter snake eating a Toad. When I first arrived, the garter snake only had one rear leg of the toad in it's mouth. I'm having a really hard time trying to decide which to post because I have so many cool shots of this. Anyway...I'll post more pics in a separate post when I have time. It was pretty amazing. To give some perspective.....the toad was about 5 times the size of the snake's head. This picture is the last gulp and it's front feet are sticking out of the snakes mouth. Kind of felt sorry for the toad.....well, just a little. :?

Attachments

• Garter vs Toad_lr.jpg
    Garter vs Toad_lr.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 1,753
Here is my entry.

Dreamlifter747-400.jpg

Update: Due to my computer crashing a couple of days ago, and me not actively being on-line to take care of the contest on the end date (yesterday), I'm going to extend the end date and time to today (1 Oct), ending at midnight tonight (EST). Post away if you have a shot you want to enter.

As a reminder, here are the rules for this month's (Sept) contest: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15533

Okay, voting has ended, and we had some really good entried this month! Appreciate everyone that took the time to enter and vote, and you all deserve a round of applause =D>

At the moment we have a tie between arkansasnative and caveman, so I'm going to open another voting thread and see where that leads :) .

Standby!

Latest posts