shoal runner restore help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booztdperformance

Reaction score
Just picked up a bare shoal runner 2060 hull for little to nothing. getting ready to put this thing back together and I need a few opinions. does this boat need foam in the floor? should I use marine plywood or aluminum sheet for the floor and sides? I already have an engine and pump to use out of my fiberglass jet boat so basically have all the mechanical stuff lined out.

Sharp looking rig. What kind of motor/pump are you planning on putting in?

As far as foam, a lot of people get by without it, but if you ever plan on sinking/swamping/knocking a hole in it, you'll wish you had it :LOL2:

For the side panels, definitely aluminum. You can either get a metal fab shop to make them, or find someone (got any carpenter friends?) with a sheetmetal brake to bend them for you. For the floor, it depends. Plywood is cheaper and easier, but is a lot heavier and doesn't last forever. Aluminum is really expensive and requires a bit more bracing, but if done right will last for the life of the boat.

Good luck with your project man, and post lots of pictures!

if you put foam in the floor it will soak up water over time just my .02 cents worth will

Latest posts