Short Jet Boat Cliphttps://vimeo.com/120258093

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
180proof said:
Jonah, whats your hull thickness, .100? How's it holding up? I got to thinking about the added weight and the depth issues that will be encountered and I might forget about the .125 hull. I mean, it's inevitable that all hulls running in conditions of the Banister and the Dan will end up with some war wounds, but I don't see a puncture. Given the metallurgy of a hull of 5052 will stretch approx. 12% before it gives to a puncture. I'd say someone has to be really rootin it pretty **** good to cause that sorta damage.

It's .100. So far, so good. I've taken a couple good licks on logs and one good lick on a rock. You can't go wrong with the SeaArk. I looked at those, but they didn't have a hull configuration that I liked. I wanted a forward helm, tunnel hull, in 16ft. An 18 ft boat won't fit into a few of the places I go to shoot fish. I know a local guy that just bought a SeaArk Predator and loves it. I've been drooling over the Rock Proof Boats out of Penn.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
180proof said:
Jonah, whats your hull thickness, .100? How's it holding up? I got to thinking about the added weight and the depth issues that will be encountered and I might forget about the .125 hull. I mean, it's inevitable that all hulls running in conditions of the Banister and the Dan will end up with some war wounds, but I don't see a puncture. Given the metallurgy of a hull of 5052 will stretch approx. 12% before it gives to a puncture. I'd say someone has to be really rootin it pretty **** good to cause that sorta damage.

It's .100. So far, so good. I've taken a couple good licks on logs and one good lick on a rock. You can't go wrong with the SeaArk. I looked at those, but they didn't have a hull configuration that I liked. I wanted a forward helm, tunnel hull, in 16ft. An 18 ft boat won't fit into a few of the places I go to shoot fish. I know a local guy that just bought a SeaArk Predator and loves it. I've been drooling over the Rock Proof Boats out of Penn.

I hear ya on the configuration, and that's likely something I'll run into with Seaark. I want my console forward and I haven't seen any like that from them, only ones that have been modified. And that's my concern with going production brand, most are "their way or no way" but I don't have custom money. I'm probably just being to picky, especially since this will be my first boat. I really like the layout in your boat. Its setup very close to how I want mine. I'm looking to allow as much room in the back, big cat dreaming!!!!! Maybe even throw some seats in it and get the wife and friends out for some fun.

Man that Predator is a nice boat, would love to have one. Uncle Sam don't pay me enough now and dang sure ain't when I retire.

I hear ya buddy!!! I'm seeing a seaark jon in my future, bare bones backyard build project. I don't need much, when i duck hunt with my buddy here, my guns never sees the gun box, when i fish with him, my rods lay just fine in the floor. It's more about getting where i want to be. I figure if i can keep her right side up, i'll be OTAY!!!!!! Hell, I've even considered a tiller drive, see tons of those here on the rivers and lakes during duck season, and quite a few are 20'+, loaded down with a whole **** hunting club, dogs and dekes. When I came to TN in 2004, something told me i didn't touchdown in the land of whole lotta smarts, lol.

amk said:
Riverdog is there a ramp in webberville or did you have to put in at bastrop?

Yes, there is a ramp at little Webberville park and another in big Webberville park. You have to be careful at both though.