Short Jet Boat Cliphttps://vimeo.com/120258093

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't look like that much of a drop until your landing. Have any videos of you going up that?

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
huntinfool said:
Doesn't look too bad.

All depends on the water. Water was a little higher in the going up video.

That's the thing about river running. Every time the cfs flow changes, you can have a whole different river.

That's the thing about river running. Every time the cfs flow changes, you can have a whole different river.

Absolutely. Trust me, going up these rocks when the water is as low in the jumping part will tighten you up even if you went over it the day before. Real fun jumping this thing at night.

When the conditions are right, I'm planning on going over this. I definitely need more flow to make it safely. Wouldn't be fun having to float back 16 miles to the launch.

https://youtu.be/ucWlYJMsBPc

ramrod1 said:
Where is that **** located at on the Colorado?

It's about 4-5 miles down river from the 183 bridge. Below Austin TX. There are no close access points. That's what makes it nice if you are able to get there.

Hows it going Jonah, I see you're from Halifax Co., I'm from Virgilina. Grew up hunting on the Dan off Ramble Rd back in the late 80's early 90's. Got a question for ya about boating the Banister. Once I retire from the Army (22 Months) i'm coming back home and before that time I'm gonna have my boat. It's either gonna be a 1872 or 2072 Seaark with either a jet or mud motor, my retirement gift to myself. How do you think she'll fit on the Banister. Here in Clarksville TN, we have the big rivers such as the Tenn. River and the Cumberland as well as Lake Barkley and KY Lake. 2072 with 115HP+ are all the norm. Then anyone that hunts has their mud boats for ducks. I'm having to do multi-purpose, since i'll be hunting cats, deer and ducks and I plan to hit Kerr, the Dan, the Staunton, the Banister, etc....

Love your RBO site and videos as well, lets me keep in touch with home when I'm oversea's.

180proof said:
Hows it going Jonah, I see you're from Halifax Co., I'm from Virgilina. Grew up hunting on the Dan off Ramble Rd back in the late 80's early 90's. Got a question for ya about boating the Banister. Once I retire from the Army (22 Months) i'm coming back home and before that time I'm gonna have my boat. It's either gonna be a 1872 or 2072 Seaark with either a jet or mud motor, my retirement gift to myself. How do you think she'll fit on the Banister. Here in Clarksville TN, we have the big rivers such as the Tenn. River and the Cumberland as well as Lake Barkley and KY Lake. 2072 with 115HP+ are all the norm. Then anyone that hunts has their mud boats for ducks. I'm having to do multi-purpose, since i'll be hunting cats, deer and ducks and I plan to hit Kerr, the Dan, the Staunton, the Banister, etc....

Love your RBO site and videos as well, lets me keep in touch with home when I'm oversea's.

Right on! What a small world! I appreciate you checking out my site. Definitely keep in touch and I look forward to meeting one day soon.

I think you would be happier with a jet drive here in this area if you're looking for an "all around boat". Bannister is tight for a 20ft boat or boat with a 72" bottom...real tight. Might have to make an early Spring run with the saw to clear a path.

Take care,

Jonah

Ain't it, small world indeed Jonah!!! When I first seen a couple of your vids and then found your page and saw where you guys were from, I was real proud that some good ol boys from home were doing things right and keeping traditions alive. Been home a few times and was real upset with how things were turning out but when I see what you and your family are doing, it's a real good sign things are not all doomed. Keep it up!!!!!

I appreciate the info on the boat and I seen exactly what you mean about the Banister, so i've re-accessed my wants versus my needs. Most the time I'll be up on the Paces end going towards the Milton end of the Dan and when conditions are right I'll brave the Banister, so I'm thinking an 1860MVT Seaark should fit the bill. The only reason I think Seaark is due to the inevitable contact with deadheads and rocks the .125 hull will meet up with. I've even seen a couple washer and dryers around the Paces bridge, lol. With all that, my question now is, how does your jet do just putting along, are you having issues with impeller wear from just churning up sand, etc.... I'm mostly new to this whole boat thing and whats needed for running rivers on one. The only thing I have to go on is when I was growing up me and some old boys I hunted with would run the Dan between Falkland and the sewer plant near the old JP Stevens and bust up some deer. All we had was a little jon with a little 15hp tiller, she did the trick but we had plenty water underneath and it went slow enough to allow us time to react to anything that may've popped up in front of us. Man we hauled some deer in that rascal, dang water line would be a couple inches from taking us under. We'd have it so low we were scared to shift in the least, lol!!!! The perfect definition for young and dumb!!!!!!

Enough rambling from me, yeah bud when I'm home sometime, I'll let you know and maybe I can check out your rig. Occasionally my brother and I will cook us a stew, I'll give you a couple quarts.

Have a blessed one Jonah

Riverdog is there a ramp in webberville or did you have to put in at bastrop?

Jonah, whats your hull thickness, .100? How's it holding up? I got to thinking about the added weight and the depth issues that will be encountered and I might forget about the .125 hull. I mean, it's inevitable that all hulls running in conditions of the Banister and the Dan will end up with some war wounds, but I don't see a puncture. Given the metallurgy of a hull of 5052 will stretch approx. 12% before it gives to a puncture. I'd say someone has to be really rootin it pretty **** good to cause that sorta damage.

Carry a roll of Gorilla Glue brand Duct tape. You can fix a hole in a boat good enough to get you back with it. Pound it flat to close it up and apply tape. Old aluminum canoe trick.

Latest posts