Should i install center console? HELP PLEASE

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mErcMaN1o9

Reaction score
I have a 15 ft poling skiff with a tiller handle 25 merury. I was wondering can you even swicth an tiller engine to be console driven like? if so how do you do what parts do you need and what not? Also dose anyone know a site where theres small fiberglass center concoles? heres the boat.

Thanks Zach

Attachments

• zachs skiff.jpg
    zachs skiff.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,040
  • zachs skiff 2.jpg
    zachs skiff 2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,040
I have done it to a 25 Evinrude and a 16 ft skiff. I'm not sure it's really cost effective though. It might be better to trade for a remote 25 if possible. If you convert, you need to consider things like installing the remote choke, the cables for shifting and steering and such. The remote shift and key switch/emergency cut off etc. I got my console from Carolina Skiff since I used their hull. They have a couple of different models of consoles. The consoles are the easy part, screws and 3M 5500 adhesive takes care of the mounting. Don't forget about having to install a helm and steering wheel. It can add up.

Hey man,

Nice rig. Very similar to my 15' aluminum skiff that I'm remodeling this winter. I think that a remote motor configuration would suit you just fine. May lose some walking space but it's worth it.