Should I snag this boat before it's too late?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WISHBONE said:
Check this out, I drove my Ford F350 Dually with the 7.3 liter engine 180 miles one way to go to work at the FD.

If that's your tow rig you better make sure it can haul that boat... :lol:

Says the ad has been deleted.

If prices are that high in your area, you should have offered him $800 just so you weren't "raping" him. :lol:

You guy's are hilarious. Out of respect he took it off the market for me as I secured a paypal security deposit sense I am coming from Phoenix to make him feel more comfortable. I will post the pictures he just sent me from taking about a half an hour ago once I get home.

Not knowing anything about the tires and wheel bearings on the trailer,and considering your tow rig, you MIGHT wanna think about loading boat, trailer and all into the bed, save taking a chance on a blowout or frozen bearing at 85 mph. Just a thought.

At the very least bring a grease gun, fix a flat and some portable lights (like a battery operated red flasher or clamp on tail lights)

Good luck and have fun

Hey guy's thats a great idea. I do have a portable compressor unit that I can bring and he said the tires are about 9 months old. He also said there is a brand new spare with it. I have all of the other stuff as well, but I think it would be good to take the greese gun.

I have actually had a wheel hub bust off my jet ski trailer many years ago and the rim was still rolling on the axle for about maybe 200 miles without us knowing it. We had to rent a enclosed trailer and put the boat in th e trailer with the trailer on top. I have to say that was really no fun at all.

Man, New tires too. The more you post, the better this deal sounds. Let's see, about as good a deal as I've seen posted this side of free ( there ain't no such thing as a free boat). Good at ya mate. Send some pics, before and after. You can take pics of your boat but don't take pics of you picking your... naw that's not how it goes.

sounds good. are you still looking at the boat, or has it been sold? it says the ad has been deleted on c-list.

He sold it to me, I am leaving in a couple of hours to go pick it up first thing tomorrow morning. I put a down payment on it through paypal just so he would feel more comfortable with me traveling 250 miles to come pick it up. I am really stocked and excited like when I picked up my car of my dreams.

i live in Washington state and Valcos are VERY popular here for their durability and stability. A 14' valco with rotted plywod in the transom sans trailer and no add ons is typically $400 here and they dont last a day on Craigslist at that price. Set up like you say that is a $1200-1500 boat here easily.

There is a reason Valcos and Gregors (very similar style boats) are so pricey, noone makes a better built welded boat in that respective size without a much larger price tag.

MallardAddict said:
i live in Washington state and Valcos are VERY popular here for their durability and stability. A 14' valco with rotted plywod in the transom sans trailer and no add ons is typically $400 here and they dont last a day on Craigslist at that price. Set up like you say that is a $1200-1500 boat here easily.

There is a reason Valcos and Gregors (very similar style boats) are so pricey, noone makes a better built welded boat in that respective size without a much larger price tag.

100% Agreed. I live in WA and see that as well.

My Dad bought our used 1986 12' Valco, trailer, and 9.9 Johnson for $2200 in 1996. My brother and I used it for 11 year or so, paid for regular maintenance, and finally replaced the plywood on the seats right before we sold it. When we stepped up to a 16' Lund, the Valco sold for $2100. Not bad for a boat we bought used and then used for 11 trout seasons!

Ok everybody sorry it is taking me so long to post up an update. The trip went perfect and my girls came along for the trip so we could spend some quality time together. The boat was everything that he said it would be and I was tickled to death how great the trailer looks. Of course I will break the trailer down and get that in great shape as well. As for the boat it is just awesome and my boat happens to read 72" at the top wide and the length is showing 15" 9 length, could it be a 16 footer? Well today I started out my day ripping everything out so I can make it as perfect as buying it new. Later on that day we went out and got almost everything we can think of. I have been taking loads of pictures and will be posting them soon.

Wow, this deal keeps getting better for you. A 16' Valco with all those extras for 4 bills?
My buddy sold his beat 16' Valco with a ratty trailer for 1800 to the first caller on craigslist just a few weeks ago. He had like 50 calls the first day that wanted to buy it.

You got a smoking deal dude

Well I guess it all depends on where I mtook my measurements from but I am going to check and recheck again when I get home tonight. But I have to say that I am really happy with not only my purchase but the size of the boat. I purchased almost everything for our new boat yesterday. Here is a list of what I purchased.

Plywood
Carpet
Contact cement
chrome door handles
live well tubing, pumps, screens, fittings.
Live well pump switch
Electrical switch with breaker panel
New seats
Mounts and hardware for seats
Brand New Bemini Top Chrome kit and new canvas
aluminum angle stock for plywood locations.
More foam insulation in a can

STUFFF I NEED TO GET STILL

Paint for the boat
a little more hardware nuts bolts, screws of sorts
Wire for obvious reasons
I am rebuilding the trailer so there are some things to purchase there such as new hub bearings, paint, light kit, rubber mounts, and other stuff to complete it.

Sounds like you got a great deal, cant really beat the price for a boat and trailer. Good luck fixing her up and be sure to post some pictures. :D

Latest posts