side boards or roller guides on trailer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctdtjs

Reaction score
Im getting closer with my mod
link https://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll289/ctdtjs/1860%20crappie%20rig/
this is bass boat trailer which is great because its wide
makes it easier to get in and out
MY dad has NEVER been able to get in a boat except at a dock because he is disabled
so with this trailer being wider than boat and we also lowered the carpet runners so boat would be lower on trailer
he can get in if needed

back to my question I see guide poles and rollers to guide boat straight on trailers
it would be cheaper if I put 2 foot board and carpet it on each side
WOULD THIS BE JUST AS GOOD

You should be able to resize your pics for the forums either inside photobucket or by downloading something like pixresizer.

Personally I don't power load the boat. Suggestion is to get the glide blocks or slides and put them on the carpetted bunks. I put my trailer in the water until the very rear roller is wet. I built a 16" wide diamond plate catwalk down the centerline. Push the boat off the bank and guide it onto the back roller, then an easy tug and it's up on the bunks and sliding forward. My 1548 weighs around 500lbs. I like the lowered bunks. I mounted mine flat onto the trailer frame and even flipped the axle to get the trailer closer to the ground. Makes a world of difference at shallow ramps.

That's really cool that you're taking your dad out. Would it be helpfull to have a guide pole on the rear corner of the trailer to hold onto while getting in the boat on the trailer? I did the center console in mine so the wife could get around on her bum knee but she said she can't breath going 50 up the river... Women...

Jamie

i am lurking around for trailer updates myself. would like to just get a new one but my rig is so old it wouldn't be worth it. would like to upgrade in a couple of years or so to a wider jon with a console and open floor, but mine will do for now. as far as updates i'm just keeping my eyes open for ideas

thanks
I didnt think of using guide pole to hold on to
now I wish I had my boards all down on frame
th_boat049.jpg

Latest posts