Smackdaddy's "Pole Dancer" 1652 Polar Kraft flush deck jet b

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's Friggen Amazing ! Been reading it for an hour ! Lol, you rock ! Can't wait to see it done , not as much as I know you are ! That's just incredible ! Wanna come to VA for a week and brainstorm this 16' I'm doing ? Free beer and food and Banjo music lol.

awesome work on the boat. IMO one of the best builds I've seen on here. keep up the good work looking forward to seeing the finished product!!! :beer:

Country Dave said:
Float test, float test, float test, float test, float test................................... :mrgreen:
No doubt Dave! I know you guys are tired of waiting for me to get this one Pole Dancin' already.
Im going to get the GatorGlide on and let it cure a couple of days them flip her over and get to work on some rod tubes, paint the sides etc.

Had a few PMs about my air chisel/bucking bar I made and used to buck solid rivets on my boat.
Here is the exact air chisel I used...

https://m.harborfreight.com/medium-barrel-air-hammer-with-chisel-69866.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Here is my "bucking bar"

https://m.harborfreight.com/5-lb-wood-wedge-94349.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Here is what the rivets looked like after bucking

Inside
raradare.jpg

Random hottie
zarajadu.jpg

Paul Marx said:
I'm close enough to you Smack . I will be heading that way to see that thing in the water . Those pontoons look SWEET =D>
You will know when Im getting close to splashing it. I am float testing it this month.

I just got off my 8 day hitch and the shitty weather is rolling in the next three days and I can't roll on GatoGlide if it is humid...I may be flipping her and working on the plumbing and rod tubes.

Well, I was flipping my hull with my tractors front end loader today and my buddy was supposed to keep the boat balanced while I lowered it and he let it fall against the brush guard on my tractor. Put a nice 1" deep dent in the bottom rib of my boat and sadly it was right under the floor I already had riveted down. I had to pull the floor and one gunnel panel off and hammer the rib back straight but it came out nicely. Luckily it was between braces where it was fairly easy to access other than drilling out about 70 rivets. Oh well, I will have to get more competent help next time or just flip it myself like I have done five times already with no problem.
Back to work on the floor and getting rod tubes/floor drainage done. It is about to be Miller time!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396636421.157784.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396636455.774272.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396636479.607823.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396636507.740484.jpg
The last pic is after straightening it back out. It took a 3# sledge hammer, 48"x 1" steel rod with a rounded tip (rounded with a grinder/flap disc) and an 8" piece of 1/4" thick angle to distrubute the hits evenly.

I got the rod tubes started yesterday after the dent fix. I will be finishing them today. I still have to cut them off, flare the ends with a heat gun, cap the ends and mount the rod savers for the rod butts.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396708335.130244.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396708347.897041.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396708361.213466.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396708370.663686.jpg

Hey its looking really good smack! its just a small dent anyhow but I feel your pain super impressed with your attention to detail.

David

Thanks Hudflat.
I got the cockpit drains plumbed in and rod tubes nearly done. More to come tomorrow!
I made the drains where I can take the plugs out and slip the hoses right in the hull drain tubes and when I wash the boat it will all run out instead of getting inside the floor. My floor is too low to be self bailing but this will work fine I believe!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396729995.953305.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396730015.654308.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396730032.719773.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396730043.536155.jpg

Latest posts