Smackdaddy's "Pole Dancer" 1652 Polar Kraft flush deck jet b

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed the new impeller and the new liner I already had done mated up
perfectly.
I also cleaned up the wiring under the poling platform. Prepped the console for paint tomorrow. Hopefully mounting the console Monday and running some cables. Sorry, no pictures but will be pic heavy soon.
Dave, were you at boss?

Prepped the console for paint tomorrow and fabbed up some nav lights on the console. I have leds that mount inside and shine out through the lenses I had left over from some other lights. I guess two sets of nav lights is legal right? I already have some under the bow splash rails.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402868913.486378.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1402868923.886611.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1402868933.420720.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1402868944.387150.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1402868957.452918.jpg

Just shot the epoxy primer, waiting for it to tack up then laying down four coats of off white acrylic urethane to match the sides of the boat.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402933973.743043.jpg

Did yall think I croaked? Sold the unfinished boat for $1000...nope.
Rigged out the controls and steering today. Going to add split loom between deck and motor, re paint cowling and add 350 VROD decals and a few finishing touches. Got all the materials to finish the fuel system today. More to come tomorrow.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404265600.975339.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404265619.458206.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404265579.076313.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404265579.076313.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 1,301
It doesn't look like much but running all the controls etc is pretty involved. I really wish I'd have used a different deck boot for the rigging with three separate holes for the throttle cable, steering and reverse and the main hole for battery leads, control wires and fuel line but it will be fine the way it is. Live and learn!
Tomorrow I am adding bow floatation and fuel tank/ fuel system. Getting closer every day!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404350280.262617.jpg

Got the gas tank and the whole bow lined with foam and stacked foam with silicone holding it all in place. It really minimizes/deadens the sound. I did this for floatation and also to minimize hull slap while poling so I don't spook reds and trout.
More to come next days off.
Sorry the build has gotten boring but it is what it is.

I just came across this build and what can i say. There isnt enough adjectives to describe. Im anxious to see the finished boat as i was to see it come together. Superior craftsmanship and great ideas. =D>

Thanks for the hook up on the oznium lights. I ordered some 10mm flush mount LEDs from them for my navigation lights. It solved my problem. Couldn't stand the navigation light selection that was out there.

Thanks guys, it is coming along! I am not quite happy with the deck boot/ rigging loom situation. I think I am going to get another deck boot that has the necessary holes so the 2" main loom is one streamlined piece and the reverse cable and throttle cable can be completely separate. I am severely OCD with things like this and won't be able to look at it with a clear conscience if I don't do it right.

Nip, no problem bro, Oznium is great!

I ordered new Teleflex teflon coated throttle and shift cables that are the correct length, the right rigging loom and boots and all my gauges today. I have all the fuel system rigging and replaced the sending unit in the gas tank yesterday. All I lack is finishing up!
The one thing I have never really done is wired up switches, fuse panels etc but I am sure it is not terribly hard to do. Once that is done it is off for a tune up and splash time! The new aluminum trailer will be ready in the Fall.

Awesome. Cant wait to see the new pics of the finished boat. Gives me incentive to get mine in the shop and start working =D>

Drawing out a wiring schematic right now making good use of down time at work. Gotta love the night shift as a oil/gas lease operator. Hurry up and wait a lot!

False alarm! I guess the update fixed Tapatalk.
I added my own LED backlighting on my switch panel. Added the shelf for my Battery charger under the console. More pics tomorrow.

Latest posts