Small Lake Shore Fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishyItch

Reaction score
Two weekends ago I went camping at a small campground in a county park that has a small lake as well. If any of you remember my first fishing report post from about a month ago, it's the same lake.

Anyway, since my boat is still in the works I was stuck fishing from shore, which was a bummer since it was pretty weedy from the shore to about 30 feet out. I did find a few pockets and caught some fish, but WOW you should have seen some of the bass that the guys in the campsite next to us pulled in from a boat. They had about half a dozen bass that were at least 17" laying on the picnic table, and judging by the size of the fillets they already had cut, those were the small ones.

Obviously I didn't have that kind of luck, but here's the few fish I caught. Oh, and the Abu Garcia sweatshirt is the one that I got free for buying an Abu rod or reel over $70. I think the free offer is still going on for you guys that qualify. It's a sweet sweatshirt, very well made.

Attachments

• CIMG2867.JPG
    CIMG2867.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 87
  • CIMG2865.JPG
    CIMG2865.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
  • CIMG2864.JPG
    CIMG2864.JPG
  • CIMG2866.JPG
    CIMG2866.JPG
Nice fish

Remember, the guys on shore cast as far away as possible and the guys on boats end up casting as close to the shore

You can catch those pigs from shore - just have to find the right spots

Captain Ahab said:
Nice fish

Remember, the guys on shore cast as far away as possible and the guys on boats end up casting as close to the shore

You can catch those pigs from shore - just have to find the right spots

I never thought about it like that. That's very inspiring to someone who still has a few weeks of shore fishing left before the boat is functional.