snacks ?????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always take Chips Ahoy cookies (the regular ones, not those nasty "soft n chewy" things)....Beef jerky is also a must, as is at least one Snickers bar that has to be stored in the cooler, under the ice (put it in a ziploc, so the melted ice water doesn't get into the wrapper)...Cold pizza, for some reason, also always tastes better when you're out on the water...

and regarding the bananas on the boat thing.....my pb fish is a 38lb yellowtail caught while on a 3/4 day charter boat out of San Diego to the Coronado Islands off the coast of Tijuana....I ate two bananas on the boat ride to the fishing grounds that day....just sayin...

and regarding the bananas on the boat thing.....my pb fish is a 38lb yellowtail caught while on a 3/4 day charter boat out of San Diego to the Coronado Islands off the coast of Tijuana....I ate two bananas on the boat ride to the fishing grounds that day....just sayin...

Beginner's luck. :wink:

Beef jerkey, Doritos of some sort and Mt. Dew. If it is going to be an all day trip maybe some water and sammiches. If the kids are with me it is an all trip snack fest with anything and everything we can fit in the bag lol.

I usually grab a package or two of pop tarts. They can be eaten by only touching the wrapper and are sealed tight. But I don't usually stay more than 7 hours at a time. The hotdog trick sounds like a winner to me, except I'd have to get up earlier to make them. :(

fender66 said:
one100grand said:
fender66 said:
I usually have Dominoes deliver. :mrgreen:

I prefer Vocelli's...
If I'm fishing from the bank at my favorite spot, I've done this and it's by far the way to go. Otherwise, if I'm in the boat, I went out to fish, not eat....eating can wait until I get back.

I was actually joking. When I'm in the boat fishing...the last thing I think about doing is eating. It's actually not a good thing either. Sometimes, I make myself sick and even light headed due to not eating. I'm going fishing and not eating on a boat.....right? #-o

It started out as a joke for us too, but then I thought what the heck, let's give it a try - gave them the exact location and told him to honk the horn when he got there and we'd be up to meet him. The best part about it is that when I call to order pizza now, they ask if I want it delivered to my address or to the Mt Vernon Bridge.

Jerky, combos, water, a few cans of pop, trail mix, dry fruit mix and what ever else.

On a side note, I had some plain brown donuts. (You know the ones you get with the nutty donuts and powder donuts) I am not a fan at all of plain brown donuts. Yuck. Had some plain yellow mustard and put it on the donut and ate it. Dont even know how I came up with that concoction, must have been from the heat of the day. Turned out not to bad, brings out a tangy sweet taste. I wouldnt eat to many though, but definitely a must when in a pinch to finish them up. Almost everyone I take with me I make them try at least one before they say yuck, now there hooked. LOL

FishingCop said:
usually some beer, and a cooler with some beer, maybe a little beer and, oh yeah, I usually take some beer. If I'm gonna be out in the afternoon hours, I'll usually take a cooler with some beer..... oh, I almost forgot, a ham sandwich and some beer :lol:

You sound like everyone I fish with up here in New England! We are convinced that beer drinkers discovered fishing... or was it fishermen discovered beer.

For two guys and a full day of fishing:

4 Ham and cheese sandwiches with red onion and Mayo
4 bottles of water
1/2 pound of beef jerky from a local meat market
2 pieces of fruit

Wasabi flavored smoked almonds, or a bag of pistachios (though you need a cup for the shells), and some beer. On a hot summer day a jug of pre-mixed Cuervo gold margarita over ice and some Bud Light Lime beer to chase it down!

I would love to take a few pints of beer with me, but I am paranoid about getting my boat taken away by the OPP.

I like that hot dog idea - so do you put them in the thermos with boiling water or dry?

I usually make a double decker peanut butter sandwich or 2 and take 2 or 3 little debbie snack cakes, some peanut butter crackers, some whales or cheez nips and water. I hardly ever take any carbonated drinks. When it is hot you can dehydrate even if you are drinking carbonated drinks, so that's why I take water.

Big bag of pork rinds, cucumber slices in vinegar, hard boiled eggs. I have to be real careful I am a type two Diabetic. :cry: