South Central MN

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilmutt

Reaction score
A friend and I headed out today at 8am and fished two different lakes in south central MN (Le Sueur County). The air temp was in the mid 50's with a 10mph wind, water temp was 57. We picked up quite a few small bass in the two pound range at our first stop fishing chatter baits. The next stop was a small bowl shaped lake with stained water, we picked up a few nicer fish including two five pounders (one each). Both of the big fish were caught on a black 1/2oz jig rigged with a black YUM Chunk trailer.

IMG_2064.jpg

That's a nice fish. I went out last weekend and got skunked. I am a top-water fisherman and just can't seem to get the knack of jigs. I started fishing jigs in August and September without much success. I started to get my boat ready for winter yesterday but maybe I better hold. Way to go man.

These fish were holding on an undercut bank and wouldn't chase the jig, it had to be dropped right in front of them.

This was most likely my last day on the open water. :(

Thanks. The 5lbs mark is what we consider to be a big fish; I've only caught one that made the 6lbs mark.