Specimen Gear, Strikes Again

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
Dave and myself fished a local lake last week. He tossed the huge Specimen Gear swimbait, while overloading his rod on each cast. It paid off though, with a solid 2lb plus LM. I love the action of this bait, and cannot wait to get a fish on it. While this bait is Dave's, he generously lends me the bait since I have a rod that can actually throw the bait without killing the rod. I throw it alteast once an outing, but have yet to get a fish. It is only a matter of time, the action of this bait is stellar =D> Slow or fast this bait as a killer action

Specimen Gear, you sure know how to make a sick bait :shock:

DavidSpecimengear1.jpg

That is very, very nice...

I can hardly express how glad I am to see the lure works so good. Making a lure just a little bit different than others is actual quit difficult. there are so many good lures out there.

I have fished with many "wakebaits" and they work well, but the body parts are usually put closely together, so the s-curve gets a bit narrow and looses the jerk/twitch effect. We do not have any bass fish here in Denmark, so we fish a lot for the smaller perch, walleye and ofcorse the big northern pike. In Europe, The glider baits from you guys in the US, have a huge succes, due to the 90 degree angle side-to-side motion. This constant change in direction sets the pikes on the hunt.

This lure I have made is an attempt to make a kind of crossover and combine the two performances in one lure. A wider s-curve in a steady retrieve and a 90 degree angle side-to-side motion created with some very light twitching of the rod tip or the reel handle.

Again, many thanks for the feedback.

Tight lines :arrow:

Michael

I have a blast fishing that lure - it does combine a "sammy" type motion with that of a jerk bait - Kinda like an X-rap on steroids.

I cannot wait to try a few of the other baits this company makes

Could this mean the end of my soft plastic days?????

I'm afraid this Fat Shad model is not going public.

Long story short. This is only a demo model which I asked a factory to complete, but the quality was terrible. I cancelled the order and they copied it completely and are now selling a similar model in a much bigger size.

So for me it is now useless and I have moved on to another design project...

specimen gear said:
I'm afraid this Fat Shad model is not going public.

Long story short. This is only a demo model which I asked a factory to complete, but the quality was terrible. I cancelled the order and they copied it completely and are now selling a similar model in a much bigger size.

So for me it is now useless and I have moved on to another design project...

Good to hear that quality control is important! :beer:

Latest posts