Specknreds and Thad put a hurting on Jourdan River specks!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thad.

Reaction score
Tinboats member Specknreds was super gracious and took my daughter Isobel and me out looking for speckled trout in Bay St. Louis, MS. We had a great time and a thoroughly enjoyable day. The tide (and the fishing) was dead for most of the day but when the tide finally started moving our expert captain put us on 'em!

We kept a few for the pan and let a whole bunch more go rest up for next time.
8)

Pics coming soon!

Thanks I had a great time also. I was sweating bullets for the first couple of hours with very few fish and I had talked the place up so much. Once the water warmed a few degrees and the tide started rolling it was about as fast as you could cast. I have to give your daughter fisher person of the day =D> Most guys can not hang with me fishing, but she held her own all day even when we were not even getting a bite. I was hoping to go tomorrow but I think I'm going to stay where it is warm.

Are we starting a charter boat service here? If so, I wanna go! I wanna go! I'll make the drive from Baton Rouge. :p

Tin Yachtsman said:
Are we starting a charter boat service here? If so, I wanna go! I wanna go! I'll make the drive from Baton Rouge. :p

As much as a being a charter Captain would be my dream job, I can not give up my current job. I was self employed for over 10 years. I made a great living but I now I can go home at night and actually sleep knowing my family has insurance and I do not have to make payroll on Fridays. I do run boats for several charter captains around here when they book large groups and need another Captain to run a boat.

I have an even better offer for you. I go just about every weekend sometimes 2-3 times a week. Help pitch in on some gas and lets go!

Yeah, we launched at 9:00 and the fish turned on at what, 4:00? It was a lonnnng day for someone who just wants to reel in fish or go home but we're fishermen. If it was just reeling in fish it would be called 'catching'. All day was worth it for that last hour.

Isobel and Lawson.jpg

Thad and Lawson.jpg

Jourdan River sunset.jpg

thad and lawson specks.jpg

box of specks.jpg

Latest posts