Sopchoppy Florida Labor Day Weekend

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troutman3000

Reaction score
The wife and I headed down Thursday night to see my parents that live on the Sopchoppy River south of Tallahassee Florida. My step-dad is a part time charter fishing Captian so I take advantage of that every chance I get.

He had to work on Friday so we headed out Saturday morning without the Captain! In a very rare move for him he had a little too much Crown Royal and couldn’t make the trip in the morning. In a even more rare occurrence he let me, my wife, and my mother all head out on his 23' Sea Pro to fish the flats near Carrabelle and St. George Island.

We had no problem launching the boat but navigating such a big boat in a little area was a little testy but we got it and had a good day on the water. We caught over 30 Speckled Trout but only a handful of keepers (15" plus). Here is a pick of one of the bigger keepers. All were caught on gulps of various colors. Putting the boat back on the trailer was a bigger challenge, but I was able to get it on with no damage.

After "Captain Crown" recovered on Saturday he wanted to redeem himself so the two of us headed out again to hunt for some bull Reds. Well on the third spot we fished he got broke off in a matter of minutes and then it was my turn. I landed one that measured in at 27" just below the 28" limit. Then on the next cast I landed one that was about 21". Both fell into the slot of 18"-28". That was both of our keepers so we called it a day to go eat and catch a movie with the ladies.

If anyone is ever in that area and is looking for a great guide give me a PM and I can get you his info. The offshore bite has been great too, but we werent able to make it out there this time.

Tight Lines

Attachments

• redfish 2.JPG
    redfish 2.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 99
  • Big one long ways.jpg
    Big one long ways.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 99
  • BIG ONE.JPG
    BIG ONE.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
  • Trout.JPG