Spectrum 16 Complete Rebuild All Aluminum

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muff

Reaction score
Not long ago I found this site. So this is my first post here. My son and I started this project a few months back and I thought I would share this with this group of craftsman. We didn't get many pics while we working on it, sorry for that.
The boat is now ready for finishing. We are using Liner Extreeme in desert sand color on the inside and down the sides to just above the waterline, the console and cooler will ge the same treatment. Black Wetlander will be used on the bottom. In the end it will be marshland camo from reelfoot stencils.

Some of the work we have done:
Sand Blasted entire boat
19 gal permanent fuel tank under the front deck with the fill under the small hatch.
Dual batteries under front deck for the trolling motor
Single battery under console for cranking and house
Double walled and insulated with foam one of the compartments in the rear for a cooler with drain.
Rule Bilge and bait pumps.
Plenty of rigging tubes.
3M 5200 on all metal joints. (This boat will never come apart again)
Made all of the hatches with 3/4 starboard with aluminum skin for finishing

We are putting a baystar hydraulic steering, a 90hp Yamaha Two Stroke, and a Minn Kota I-Pilot and a 8" Humminbird SI.

Before
IMG_20130728_195523_979.jpg

Now
Boat Side.jpg
rear deck1.jpg
Front Deck.jpg
Rear View.jpg

We have quite a few hours in it, my son has done a lot of the work and will appreciate the boat more when it is finished. It is his 16th birthday present next week. It won't be finished, but soon after. He will enjoy it for years to come. Let me know what you think...

Capt. Brian
https://www.reelamericancharters.com

Attachments

• rear deck.jpg
    rear deck.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 3,006
  • Boat Side.jpg
    Boat Side.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 3,006
Thanks for the nice replies! Got a little more work done on the boat. We sprayed the entire inside and down the sides with Liner Extreeme in desert sand color and even sprayed the Engel cooler. I can't get over how nice and easy the stuff is to work with. There will be no slipping of the feet in this boat. Then we applied the camo on the sides. Real pleased with the results. Once the paint dried we flipped the boat over and are now prepping the bottom for the Wetlander 3L system from Wearlon. Once we get the boat back upright and before we camo the inside I will get some pics and share of just the Liner Extreeme work we accomplished.

Camo1.jpg

Camo2.jpg

Camo3.jpg

Camo4.jpg

The stencils from Reelfoot are great and easy to work with. Comments are welcomed.

Brian

Best birthday present ever!!

Keep up the great work on the boat!

Wow, this boat has some sexy lines! :lol:

Great metal craftsmanship, and with the camo too, heck evverything so far. More pics please!!!! :mrgreen:

Sorry for not posting completed pictures. We have been using the boat for about a year now and it is performing beyond expectations. My son and I have caught a lot of fish out of this rig. There are a lot of things in this boat that are not pictured like: insulated boxes, pedestal seats, cock pit led lighting, great sound system, battery switching system, live wells that aerate/recirculate/flow through and the list goes on. Needless to say my son and I enjoyed this project and I'm proud of his work and dedication. Now that he knows what goes into building a boat, he knows what it takes to take care of one.

Attachments

• boat 1.jpg
    boat 1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 2,149
  • boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2,150
  • boat 3.jpg
    boat 3.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 2,149
  • boat 4.jpg
    boat 4.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2,149
  • boat 5.jpg
    boat 5.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 2,149
  • boat 6.jpg
    boat 6.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,149
bassin1986 said:
What did you use to paint the bottom of the hull?

Wetlander 3L System, real nice stuff. Super slick! Duct tape won't even stick to it.

Muff said:
bassin1986 said:

Wetlander 3L System, real nice stuff. Super slick! Duct tape won't even stick to it.

How slick and how tuff is the Wetlander? How hard/easy was it to spray? or did you roll it?

Capt1972 said:
Muff said:
bassin1986 said:

How slick and how tuff is the Wetlander? How hard/easy was it to spray? or did you roll it?

Rolled it. So far it seems to be tough, time will tell. Might have to touch it up every 4/5 years would be my guess.