St. Croix Bass Mojo... Slop/frog!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
I love frogging. Top water, buzzing horny toads, whatever. Got a new high speed reel for top water and frogging, and planned on getting a BPS bionic blade because they were on sale for 50 bucks. Being on an extreme budget, it took me a long time to save up enough money, only to show up at BPS today to find the sale is over, and it would cost me 80.

For another 20 bucks I got myself a bass mojo rod and its awesome! the tip is flexible enough to fling light weight frogs a mile, yet it has so much back bone I could pull my jnb boat around with ease when the frog got stuck on a pad 8)

It might be purple, but its the most badass rod I've ever owned!

Your going to love it! My dad bought one a month or so ago. I borrowed it one night while we were fishing and it was awesome! Make a great topwater or crankbait rod! Enjoy!

Nice choice for frog fishing. I held one the other day and thought they were a little tip heavy, expecially compared to a BPS Finesse rod. I will be using mine fishing weightless plastic however and prefer the feel of the finesse rod. For frogging or spinnerbaits the Mojo would be the way to go with the stronger backbone. I loved the split cork grips as well.

Glad you like it. I bought a Mojo right as they came out and initially I didn't care too much for it. As others have mentioned it is a little tip heavy which I think is a common with split grip rods. Now that I've fished with it a while I really like it.

Latest posts