Steelflex users please check in

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverad04

Reaction score
Ive ordered and recieved white steel flex, with a tube of black coloring to tint it. My question for you is, have you seen anyone thats used the plain white sleelflex on the bottom section of their boat? I plan on using my boat for fishing in small and medium sized lakes. In many of these lakes there are stumps, how does steel flex hold up against bumps and scrapes on these submerged stumps? I tried looking on the search for anyone whos used white steelflex on the bottom only to come up empty. I think that a white bottom would look awesome, but would like some feedback from someone whom has already done this to help me decide if I need to add color to the steel flex. Thanks, Rob

I think bumps from stumps may be okay. I did my boat and have seen another in person. Both showed wear. The stuff is meant for running over matted vegitation. Anything more aggressive than that is going beyond the manufacturer's expectations. I liked it for helpling winch an all-electric rig on the trailer, but wouldn't buy it as any primary defence for hull protection from wood or rock. It's more slick than tough.

Mine has taken some abuse & still holds up pretty decent after 4 years. The pigment (color) has faded a lot. I cab tell you this, whether it stays on or not depends on the prep work. Some areas that I couldn't get sanded very well, it has chipped off some.

So from those of you who have had both paint and steelflex on your rig, do you think the paint was tougher?

Latest posts