Stolen, stripped, recovered...FINISHED.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! It has been a freaking year?!?!?!? And what a year. Boat yard driveway started, but put on hold. My brother-in-law had inherited some of my dad's boat and fishing stuff. This year brother-in-law passed. We have been cleaning and sorting. Soon I will be posting a few "new" shots of the rebuild, and posting some stuff for sale for my sister.

I hope to be back on my boat project soon, with a new motor for Christmas!

Well, the driveway and boatyard pavers are finished. Decided to mount a bowmount trolling motor and a Flat Foot tray this weekend, and go fishing without a main motor...

...and find rotted plywood. PERFECT!

So, it is now a gut and new floor project. New decision is aluminum diamond plate and paint, or plywood and vinyl.

All the rotten plywood has been removed.

20170420_2027021_zpsvdpioa2a.jpg

This plate along the side supported an enclosed rod box that will not be recreated. Deciding whether to use it to support the new rod rack, or grind it out.

20170424_1458421_zpsgyfvgvbd.jpg

The back deck was a single door to gas and battery that was a pain to open, especially while in the boat. It also had aplastic portion that never seemed very stable. New plan will be 3 separate doors: gas tank, battery and storage in between.

20170424_1459121_zpsfnrx7swu.jpg

Framed the front deck for the trolling motor control well. Cut the ply and dropped in the well.

20170506_134449_zpsuqxmraso.jpg

041_zpsekslmpoh.jpg

Next is to fabricate the front deck wall/step. I will be re-purposing the wall from the rod locker.

Repurposed and recycled aluminum framing. New plywood ready for sealer, and flooring on order. Motor will be ordered soon.

I want to thank this forum as a resource for this project.

That's the cleanest foamed bilge I've ever seen on a boat that old. Is it new?

Nope, factory foam. Vacuumed the hell out of it. I will be adding a bit of new foam in a couple of voids in the upper deck to replace the volume that I had to remove.

Camera stuff fixed. First 2 floor panels covered in Nautolex. Seat bases to be mounted before screwing the floor down. 5 more panels in sealing process

Foam board and tackle storage done. Last 4 panels trimmed to fit, and now getting sealed. Flooring should be on them next weekend, and then mount the trolling motor.

That is looking great!Mine is taking forever,due to injuries, but I'm slowly getting there :roll: I think that after all the hard work you put into this it should be a great source of pride and feel like a brand new boat :mrgreen: Surely one that you could never order from a dealership! Good job.

Vader809 said:
That is looking great!Mine is taking forever,due to injuries, but I'm slowly getting there :roll: I think that after all the hard work you put into this it should be a great source of pride and feel like a brand new boat :mrgreen: Surely one that you could never order from a dealership! Good job.

Thanks. I understand the injury delay oh too well. I am not messing with the outside paint and decals. It will still show a bit of age, but the interior is finally coming together. I am hoping it outlasts me.

Looks like it was and will be a great boat again. That sucks that there are lowlifes out there that you had to encounter. I hope your insurance company didn't screw you. Gate looks great too. Hook it up to 660volts at night for extra security...ok, maybe that's excessive.

Floor are done, and most important, motor is ordered. Should be installed in 10 days or less. Then seat locations will be set, and rear storage designed and built. Then some SeaDek on the sidewalls, and rodracks for both sides. Phase 2 shall be a lot shorter in time!

Latest posts