Suzuki DF20A Unboxing and 1st Impressions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought I'd post a quick update on my Suzuki DF20A outboard. Was last on the water back in late September. Had drained the fuel and put everything under cover until this past Saturday. Decided to roll out the hose and muffs and for a little run time. Hooked up the tank , got a solid bulb and she cranked on the 1st pull! Let her run for about 10 minutes and then shut everything down and back under cover. Impressive little engine so far. One note on stock prop, lightly loaded, it does just get into the rev limiter at WOT mounted on my V hull PolarKraft. I need a spare prop anyway so I'm planning to order the SS 11 pitch for a try when I get back on the water.

Patriot, sorry for the way late reply. This motor does have a MAP sensor in the intake. Not sure about adding remote controls. No injector tick whatsoever.

That is awesome to know.I hear that from many people that this engine over revs with the 10pitch,i'm glad i bought the 11pitch that i will switch to.Also when you over rev is that with one person or two in the boat?

I'm taking my 20hp out tom for a workout for the first time.I have like 30min on it with a quick ride and i darn near hit 30mph with the stock prop.I also have a 185lb boat.The rev limiter didn't hit but i bet i was real close.From what i understand they usually set it at like 200-300rpms above the max so if your hitting that with a 10pitch the 11 would be right at 6300 or a hair less.

Not to change the subject,but i just saw the 25/30hp come out like a week ago and it's a whole different engine then this but it comes standard with a 10pitch also,that's odd to me.But then i looked at some 25's 4strokes on youtube like the merc.I use to have that motor and it was a dog with a 12.5pitch prop,but this motor is also like 30lbs lighter then the merc,has a way a better gear ratio which should give it some great power to weight ratio.Plus it's also a 3cylinder which is even better,it will run smoother and should give it better power then the original 25.