Sylvan 16' Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice work....

Mac, did you see my posts about those rivets?

I got my trim removed from the side today, paint stripped underneath, and those rivets put into the holes. I just mounted the trim in the same spot, but on the inside of the boat. Seemed to add some strength so I put it back in.

Gives the outside a more modern look I thought.

Edit:Oops I remember you already painted yours.

LonLB said:
Very nice work....

Mac, did you see my posts about those rivets?

I got my trim removed from the side today, paint stripped underneath, and those rivets put into the holes. I just mounted the trim in the same spot, but on the inside of the boat. Seemed to add some strength so I put it back in.

Gives the outside a more modern look I thought.

Edit:Oops I remember you already painted yours.

Yes I read your post about the rivets. It seems I've been spending a lot of time reading this forum and trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks for the reply and posting your project.

Got quite a bit done the past couple of days. I rebuilt the passenger side of the dash. I had to use my jigsaw to cut the 3/4" poplar. I then sealed it, covered it, and installed the storage compartment. I got the top covered with carpet and split windshield installed. I also got the front seating area riveted in. I will be completing the drivers side next weekend...hopefully.

Attachments

• photo-24.jpg
    photo-24.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 987
  • photo-23.jpg
    photo-23.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 987
  • photo-25.jpg
    photo-25.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 987
  • photo-27.jpg
    photo-27.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 987
  • photo-26.jpg
    photo-26.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 987
LonLB said:
That carpet on the gunnels and bow turned out really nice!!

MacAttack your project is looking awesome. Any progress over the summer? if so, post some pics, would love to see the finished product...