Symetre

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
I picked up another Symetre at Dicks, couldnt beat the price, a 79.99 reel on sale for 59.99 plus a $10 off coupon equals $49.99, This is the discontinued Symetre, still a good reel.

shamoo said:
I believe they're on sale also for 59.99

I saw the Sedonas for 39.99 at a local Dicks - which means after i use the Tin Boats Special Coupon (pronounced "coup un') they are 29.99 :D :D

My bad, I was wrong on the price, 30 bucks wit the coup-en, cant beat that with a stick.

I went back last week and picked up the 750, the other one was a 1500, seems like someone made a boo boo, I got the 750 for 39.99, I didnt find this out till i got home and with the price of gas the way it is, well, an $80 reel for $40, The Devil made me do it :wink:

shamoo said:
I went back last week and picked up the 750, the other one was a 1500, seems like someone made a boo boo, I got the 750 for 39.99, I didnt find this out till i got home and with the price of gas the way it is, well, an $80 reel for $40, The Devil made me do it :wink:

he shoots he scores! :D

shamoo said:

Sure wish I could get a deal like that. I like my Symetre a lot.

I think she took the $10 coopen (cuopon) off twice, shoot she should have kept going, maybe I would have gotten it for $9.99

Symetres are my favorite spinning reels. I see they have them on sale at Cabelas for $60. Forgive me I'm new, but what is this news about a coupon?

I wanted to get the new Symetre FJ. It feels alot more refined than the previous model. I own the FI. It has good features like; Paladin Gear, SR concept, Propulsion spool management and Fluidrive. Problem is for Shimano to retain the same price tag, they had to sacrifice the spare aluminum spool also the graphite sideplate was a turn off. That totally turned me off for a price tag of $120(Canadian). So I started looking into the Abu Garcia 600ALB series. Preferably the 603.

Abu Garcia 600ALB specs -
The Cardinal® 600ALB spinning reel series is designed to take the harshest punishment and angler and the fish can dish out. With all aluminum construction, the lightweight reel is built with corrosion resistant components such as High Performance Corrosion Resistant (HPCR™) stainless steel bearings, mainshaft and hardware. Built with X-Craftic™ aluminum alloy providing maximum corrosion resistance even in the harshest saltwater. The Carbon Matrix™ front adjustable drag remains smooth and holds up to hard runs from saltwater game fish. Great for both salt and freshwater angling. (Credits to Abugarcia.com)

Abu Garcia 600ALB
s7122897imageset01kk1.jpg

Abu Garcia 603ALB
3902dacfa032ec45ac9b4fczi6.jpg

Shimano Symetre FJ
s7123667imageset01wy8.jpg

So I did the conversion and $120 CAD = $101 USD, whick is about what we would pay for the Symetre here. ($99.99 at Cabela's) The Abu in the 603 size also at Cabela's is $79.99, which converts to $94 CAD. Is that about what you are paying for it up there? While a spare spool is nice, it isn't a deal breaker for me if one isn't included if I like the reel overall.

Latest posts