tach options for 2 stroke?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minicuda

Reaction score
I'm in need of a tach for my nissan 25 horse 2 stroke. Bassboy recomended tiny tach which looks like a great way to go. my question is is there something else i could use that i can buy at a parts store with out having to order and wait for delivery.

Tachs for marine and automotive applications are not interchangeable so far as I am aware. I have never seen a marine application tach at any auto parts stores.

You can find some cheap (relatively speaking) outboard tachs online. The tiny tachs are unique and I have never seen one of those anywhere else.

You will pay a premium if you go to a marine dealer.

I just recently purchased a Tiny Tach for my 25HP Nissan and quickly installed it on the motor and then ran the water muff to the motor to see what was going to happen. My motor is supposed torun between 5000 and 6000 RPMs at WOT. I didn't make to WOT because it was reading 6240 at on point so I backed off. At idle speed the RPMs were 1800 or so.
When I get back from MN. fishing for a week I will go to the lake and try it out again.

thanks bob those rpms should drop alot on the water let me know how it works out.

I'm back from a great fishing trip to MN and now have tried my TinyTach of on my 2000 Nissan NS25C3 on the water. I was turning 5540 RPM's and running 23 MPH according to my GPS.

I know this is going to sound crazy,but bare with me.Do you have a racing go kart shop close by?They sell small digital tachs for 2 stroke racing engines.I had one and used it on all my karts.Shouldn't make a difference if it's 1 or 2 cylinder because it only reads from 1 cylinder.

Latest posts