Target shooting

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
Does anyone have info on the distance you need to be from a road and house in Indiana to target shoot? I live in the rural area.

Cannot find it in some of our gun laws?

Last result will be contacting the county sheriff, but waiting to see what I can find first.

It was 50yds in my town but the local ordnance recently changed to 100yds. If you are inside city limits call the City. Otherwise the county. Asking your local sheriff/city police should be your first choice.

But [email protected] on tinboats.net from Alaska said I could [-X

It won't come to surprise that someone in their jurisdiction owns a gun and wants to shoot it as in our country there are 88.8 guns per 100 citizens. =D>

There should be a set distance for hunting. I'm not sure about target shooting but as long as your neighbors don't mind and your following all the safety rules and have a good back stop. I say have at it but then I'm not a lawyer.

I second the opinion about a backstop.

Even with a good backstop, it's a good idea to go onto google earth, and check to see what's behind the backstop, and how far away it is, in case a backstop should fail, or a round should somehow skip and go over the top of it.

A 22 long rifle bullet will travel 1600 yards if you elevate the barrel 31 degrees.

Average pistol rounds can travel about 2000 yards.

Highpower rifle rounds can travel about 5000-6000 yards.

Shotguns firing birdshot can travel about 200 yards, and with buckshot or slugs, about 500-600 yards.

As the safety rule says "always be sure of your target, and what is beyond."

Nice on the safety post guys.

But back to my question

Nothing written in law for target shooting on private property unless you start talking shooting clubs, word to the wise, it gets sticky when you start asking about it anyways. Hopefully you have a friend for an attorney for long hours of free advice lol

I got my question answered. it's hunting rules basically, that's the closes I could get.

To make a long story short on what I went thru i will say where its legal to discharge a weapon as it is where I live is all you have to go by. No target rules

Gun owners should already know if you hit something you wasn't suppose to then it's lawyer time, that's it.

Nothing in the law for target shooting on your personnel property.

So, each time you step out on your 10 acres or 1000 acres you take a chance even being legal.

Only cool thing was a sheriff steered me in the direction of making a bullet stop with the berm I had plans for

I'm burnt out about it, way to much info I went thru.

Latest posts