The boob tube.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Dave

Reaction score
With the daily commitments of work and family my free time is very limited so I try to use it in a way that’s both constructive and enjoyable. Often times that does not include watching TV. However there are those times when I just want to veg in front of the boob tube. Even at that it has to be something with some substance. Yes I love my sports, football to be more specific and yes I love my fishing shows.

The discovery channel and history channel are among my favorites. I really like watching “Swamp People” It’s a show about several Cajun families living in the Atchafalaya river basin in Louisiana. They make their living of the swamp mostly by catching gators. The show is a little predictable and mundane at times but I watch it because most of them are using Jon boats/tins to catch there gators.

Down here is south Florida we catch ours from air boats when you’re lucky enough to get a few tags. These guys really beat up there tins. :LOL2: They overload um, the put big HP motors on um and run the crap out of them. It’s surprising to see just how durable these tins are. That gives me confidence that mine will work well and last for a long time. :D

I could not agree with you more. I watch sports, mostly football, and all the pro surfing on the net. Dave you have to watch duck commander.....its like swamp people but a hell of alot funnier. There is something to be said about a coonass........my sis lives in Louisiana and they truly live off the land. Your boat is going to be way better than the ones on the show.

Don’t watch much myself but when I do it’s to escape reality totally so it’s the Walking Dead for me.

Duck Commander is where its at! I would love to be rich and in the woods doing what I want when I want. Unfortunately all I can do is watch from the couch and work my cr@ppy job to keep my cable. :)

I watch more than I probably should. I don't really care for watching sports any more. Just got burned out and fed up with so much of it. I mostly watch Discovery, Nat Geo, and a few of the weekly series stuff like Justified, NCIS, and Walking Dead. Anything else is just the random thing that looks interesting at the time when I'm bored and channel surfing.

The one thing that just really stood out to me on that show was how badly they treat their tins and how well they hold up. That’s really why I watch it. :LOL2: