The Ictalurus Abides

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ictalurus

Reaction score
Went to Horn Lake, MS last Saturday (2/19) and did quite well. Air temp in the upper 60's, water temp mid to upper 50's. Fished the run-out and caught plenty of crappie, all but two under the limit. Switched to fishing by the cypress stumps in the main lake and my buddy nabbed a 9 lb bowfin and I brought in this 5 lb channel cat :lol:

Attachments

• 2-19-11.JPG
    2-19-11.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 274
Jim said:
nice job man! =D>

Thanks Jim. I'm looking forward to this spring fishing season about as much as opening day! Think it's going to be a great year.

I had all you can eat catfish fillets at that restaurant near Dale Hollow during the Tinboats get together. I can still taste them.....Yummy.

With unlimited amounts of Hush puppies..........Yummy! :LOL2:

BaitCaster said:
No offence, but catfish make my skin crawl.

Yeah, they take some getting used to, lots of croaking and moaning. It's kind of like a pike, you get a big one up to the boat and take a second to figure out your next move :LOL2: Moved down south 11 years ago and have gradually acclimated to loving those guys. Tough as nails, lots of personality, excellent fighters plus 5-10 lb fish aren't uncommon.

Ictalurus said:
BaitCaster said:
No offence, but catfish make my skin crawl.

Yeah, they take some getting used to, lots of croaking and moaning. It's kind of like a pike, you get a big one up to the boat and take a second to figure out your next move :LOL2: Moved down south 11 years ago and have gradually acclimated to loving those guys. Tough as nails, lots of personality, excellent fighters plus 5-10 lb fish aren't uncommon.

Yeah, I hear ya. We have lots of catfish and carp (common carp - not asian carp) in the river near my place. I only ever caught one catfish in my life, a channel cat which I foul hooked in the back with a crank bait. You're right, I couldn't figure out how to handle him. Took a while to get the dried slime off the floor of my boat and the smell off my hands.