Think you got troubles.......

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lowe 2070 CC said:
Around here they park on the ramp so they can unload the chairs and coolers at the waters edge. They then sit in the middle of the ramp to fish, or let the kids swim, and glare at any boater who selfishly wants to launch or load a boat.

That happens alot on the upper James. It can be soooooo aggravating trying to back down the ramp and somebody's lil crumb snatchers running around and neither parent is watching them.

I had an uppity lady a few years ago get upset and was appalled that I wanted her family off the ramp so I could load my boat. Then became furious as I backed down the ramp rather fast after she said that the ramp was a public place and they didn't have to move just because I had a boat that I wanted out of the river.

Also had a guy block me in on the ramp. He parked at the top of the ramp while I was getting my boat on the trailer. Walked down the shore quite a ways. Then my cousin discovered he left the keys in it. After several attempts to get his attention my cousin hopped in and moved it. Dude came running back screaming his car had been stolen. My cousin tossed his keys at him as he ran by him. Dude was not happy. But didn't say a word as my cousin is 6' and buolt like a wall

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=365075#p365075 said:
lovedr79 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:49 am[/url]"]Also had a guy block me in on the ramp. He parked at the top of the ramp while I was getting my boat on the trailer. Walked down the shore quite a ways. Then my cousin discovered he left the keys in it. After several attempts to get his attention my cousin hopped in and moved it. Dude came running back screaming his car had been stolen. My cousin tossed his keys at him as he ran by him. Dude was not happy. But didn't say a word as my cousin is 6' and buolt like a wall

I love happy endings like that.

i still dont know how neither of us noticed him parking there and walking as far as he did. other than the fact the ramp was so shallow we had to almost pick the boat up to get it on the trailer.

We have a very rough and remote "launch" onto a small slough. I rounded the sharp steep corner only to find a tent set up in the middle of the ramp. Had to unhook the trailer and to launch the boat and get the truck turned around.

Latest posts