Thoughts about the new Shimano Clarus rods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whj812

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Shimano Clarus spinning rod and during my streak of bad luck, it was broken. I am getting it replaced, but they arent able to give me the exact rod that i have. Shimano is sending the same rod, only the redesigned version of it.

I read that it won best freshwater rod at Icast this year.

https://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/news/story?id=3494223

Has anyone had any exp with the new rod??

Thanks,

Just got the new rod!!!! It feels freaking amazing!! I Bet its going to turn the Pflueger President into a tyrant dictator!!!

Christened it last night on Douglas lake!!! It is awesome!! Im going again in the morning for some early, early fishing!!! I hope to get a monster and post it up.

very cool, that stick looks like a smoking deal and Cabelas is closing out the previous model as well.

The new model is totally different feeling than the old one. Im still blown away by the performance of this rod!!!

Hi guys back from the lake. Comment on the rod. I have the loomis IMX and GLX. and my favourite is the Clarus. MH X fast. I have a fishermans nightmare story.
I was trolling with my favourite ( Clarus ) along a weed bed . Got hung up ,set my rod down to stop the troller. looked back and watched it sink in the water. The water was wavey . I somewhat remembered were it went down. Never slept all night . Went out at 6:eek:o am in the fog . Got to the approx. location . Started casting with another rod with treble hook and bullet sinker. On the fifth cast I cast into an area by mistake. darn if I hooked the line. Started pulling in the line by hand real sloooooooow. Darn again here comes my rod . Just as I got hold of the rod the line broke of the reel. Thank you LORD.
I dried the reel off greased and oiled and it still works great . ( total cost of outfit approx $450.00 ) I will never put my rod down any more.

Latest posts