TinBoats 2013 Biggest Loser Challenge!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know its late in the runnings but can I still join this. I wanted to lose at least 30lbs before May but have not started and I think this will help since everyone is doing it. I am starting today :!: :!:
I weigh 205 and want to get down to 175.

pauldanielm said:
I know its late in the runnings but can I still join this. I wanted to lose at least 30lbs before May but have not started and I think this will help since everyone is doing it. I am starting today :!: :!:

Bring it on. Of course you can join in. The more we all lose the healthier our TinBoat forum will be. :wink:

pauldanielm said:

Of course you can! You can pass Captain Ahab as he is gaining weight and you are losing it.

Good luck, you can do it.

1/2/13 -- 292
1/4/13 -- 287.6
1/11/13 - 282
1/18/13 - 276.4
1/25/13 - 276.2
2/1/13 -- 275.4
2/8/13 -- 276

I had some relatives in from out of state this past week and I didn't adhere to my diet very well. :oops:

01/02/13 226
01/04/13 225
01/11/13 225
01/18/13 222.5
01/25/13 220
02/02/13 218.2
02/08/13 218.2

Didn't move at all this week...which surprises me tons. I weighed myself on Thursday AM after starving myself all day and prepping for a colonoscopy on Wed....and dropped 6 lb even. I sure thought I'd lose something after all that. Guess that shows that I'm full of 6lbs worth of $hit!

01/02/13 235.5
01/04/13 230.3
01/11/13 226.5
01/18/13 226.2
01/25/13 225.8
02/01/13 224.1
02/09/13 226 :shock:

I know I had a bender on Super Bowl Sunday, but that was so many days ago...........

Well to start off this is my official weight as of friday morning. Not too bad to start off at. Lookin forward to losing pounds though.

02-08-13: 203lbs

Ok so what is everyone doing to lose the weight? Running, jogging, eating better, or what type of exercise are you doing to lose weight? I started running outside this week and last week did the treadmill. I have only lost a couple of pounds since i started but i cant seem to get into gear with it. #-o I am trying not to push myself to the point of exhaustion the first couple of weeks but i feel like i have to in order to lose weight. Background info. I am in the :USA1: Navy worked on a Aircraft Carrier :USA1: for about 4 years and now they have me at a computer desk doing things on there for them. When i was on the ship i would go up and down stairs all day long but now that i am at a computer desk I dont do much but sit there and use the computer. I went from 180 to 205 in like 6 weeks. Any help on what I can do to lose more weight? Thanks to all for any help given.

pauldanielm said:
Ok so what is everyone doing to lose the weight? Running, jogging, eating better, or what type of exercise are you doing to lose weight? I started running outside this week and last week did the treadmill. I have only lost a couple of pounds since i started but i cant seem to get into gear with it. #-o I am trying not to push myself to the point of exhaustion the first couple of weeks but i feel like i have to in order to lose weight. Background info. I am in the :USA1: Navy worked on a Aircraft Carrier :USA1: for about 4 years and now they have me at a computer desk doing things on there for them. When i was on the ship i would go up and down stairs all day long but now that i am at a computer desk I dont do much but sit there and use the computer. I went from 180 to 205 in like 6 weeks. Any help on what I can do to lose more weight? Thanks to all for any help given.

Better body composition A.K.A "weight loss" is 80% diet 20% exercise.

When I was in the navy, I quit smoking and went from 180 to 230 in about 12 weeks. Luckily the ship was in drydock because I was a rescue swimmer with the helo squadron onboard a carrier so I couldn't continue on that path. I started back smoking with the thought that I'd rather die from cancer many years from then than to die of a heart attack in 4 more weeks. I lost most of the weight gain once I had resumed smoking. :lol: Well here we are 30+ years later and I've quit smoking again. This time around I got the weight gain halted after i gained 34 lbs. It's been 2 weeks shy of a year since I quit smoking and I've lost about 16 of those 34 lbs. that I gained.

I'm mostly doing a calorie count diet and cut out as much sugar and bread as possible. I try to eat 4-5 small meals a day instead of 2-3 large meals. The last 2 weeks haven't gone well as I cheated some and ate too much and got into the cookie jar. #-o In the past I was able to loose a pound a day with this method coupled with some jogging and light exercises. I actually lost 42 lbs. that way. Unfortunately I'm several years older now and having problems with my knees (have had surgery on both) and it's preventing me from doing the jogging. I've got to find something to assist the calorie count though as my weight loss seems to be stalled now.

thanks Bass Addict. I started using myfistnesspal last year and i would do it off and on. This year i have kept it going for a full two weeks so maybe that will help with my diet.

For me.....I watch very closely what I eat, and eat less of it. My diet changes have cut out a lot of carbs and I eat a lot of protein instead. I also do cardio for 45 minutes 5 days a week. I get my heart rate soaring and then slow down until I'm comfortable....get it soaring again, and slow down.....

So far, it's been working. Down around 10 lb since the first of the year. That's pretty good for me. Can't wait for my weigh in tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to pass the 10lb mark. Fingers crossed!

JMichael said:
When I was in the navy, I quit smoking and went from 180 to 230 in about 12 weeks. Luckily the ship was in drydock because I was a rescue swimmer with the helo squadron onboard a carrier so I couldn't continue on that path. I started back smoking with the thought that I'd rather die from cancer many years from then than to die of a heart attack in 4 more weeks. I lost most of the weight gain once I had resumed smoking. :lol: Well here we are 30+ years later and I've quit smoking again. This time around I got the weight gain halted after i gained 34 lbs. It's been 2 weeks shy of a year since I quit smoking and I've lost about 16 of those 34 lbs. that I gained.

I'm mostly doing a calorie count diet and cut out as much sugar and bread as possible. I try to eat 4-5 small meals a day instead of 2-3 large meals. The last 2 weeks haven't gone well as I cheated some and ate too much and got into the cookie jar. #-o In the past I was able to loose a pound a day with this method coupled with some jogging and light exercises. I actually lost 42 lbs. that way. Unfortunately I'm several years older now and having problems with my knees (have had surgery on both) and it's preventing me from doing the jogging. I've got to find something to assist the calorie count though as my weight loss seems to be stalled now.

[-X [-X Stay out of the cookie jar!!! [-X [-X It does lead to nothing but trouble. My trouble with cutting out bread is I love sandwichs and thats what i usually take with me to eat at work. ](*,)

fender66 said:
For me.....I watch very closely what I eat, and eat less of it. My diet changes have cut out a lot of carbs and I eat a lot of protein instead. I also do cardio for 45 minutes 5 days a week. I get my heart rate soaring and then slow down until I'm comfortable....get it soaring again, and slow down.....

So far, it's been working. Down around 10 lb since the first of the year. That's pretty good for me. Can't wait for my weigh in tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to pass the 10lb mark. Fingers crossed!

I have been doing that with running outside these past couple of days. Jog for a while then sprint then walk then sprint then jog. I haven't been eating as much because I have a project that I am doing for my wife but I have picked up drinking coke again but at least its coke zero. I started using myfitnesspal to track my calories. I have been staying off the scale as much as possible so that I will be surprised for tomorrow. :!: :!: Good Luck Fender :!: :!:

pauldanielm said:
My trouble with cutting out bread is I love sandwichs and thats what i usually take with me to eat at work. ](*,)

Well that's not bad..................As long as you like wheat bread. :? I love sandwiches myself and that's been another hard one to give up for this diet because I hate wheat bread with a passion. I'd just as soon eat a piece of cardboard which probably has a better flavor anyways.

JMichael said:
pauldanielm said:
My trouble with cutting out bread is I love sandwichs and thats what i usually take with me to eat at work. ](*,)

Well that's not bad..................As long as you like wheat bread. :? I love sandwiches myself and that's been another hard one to give up for this diet because I hate wheat bread with a passion. I'd just as soon eat a piece of cardboard which probably has a better flavor anyways.

Me too!!! Cardboard does taste better than wheat bread. Wheat Bread is EVIL :twisted:

JMichael said:
pauldanielm said:

Wheat is bad for you! Stick to white bread (not much better)

Google Wheat belly and you will see what I mean.

.As long as you like wheat bread. :? I love sandwiches myself and that's been another hard one to give up for this diet because I hate wheat bread with a passion. I'd just as soon eat a piece of cardboard which probably has a better flavor anyways.

I've been making sandwiches too. Instead of bread, I use a tortilla shell. Whole Grain.

Have no idea how that compares to bread, but I like it.

Oh man I see what you mean Jim. wow!!!

I have tried using flour torillas before and i like them for a while then it gets boring and plain.

Latest posts