TinBoats Twitter - Random posts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to send a warning out to all the ground-squirrels out there - STAY AWAY FROM MY HOUSE! - or you join your brother in the afterlife - and I'm pretty sure there isn't any for you.

1 down and about 20 more to go...

FishingCop said:
Jim said:
ACarbone624 said:
Gee....was he speeding? :shock:

I guess he was responding to a call for backup.....so I guess yes. :eek:

hum, you no help as a back up if you don't arrive safely!!!!!

Ouch! Did you notice that the trunk lid of the car is sitting in front of the car . :shock:

I don't hate much, but CHIGGERS take the top of my list!
and.....Running in a close second place are.....CHIGGERS!
Chris Himstedt 2010

I love the people who join and make one post to sell their product. I kindly remove the post and PM the user to let them know we have rules here.

The last response I got "Screw this forum then, I was just trying to help."

No, you were just here to sell your stuff. :LOL2:

Screw this forum then, I was just trying to help.

Are you kidding me? #-o

Ok rant over, this issue is done.

Space saving good idea? :LOL2:

3f5834b2-e7e7-47b6-a5bb-ccb9defbc4c8.jpg

So there I was servicing this truck this morning and as I was under the truck on a creeper I came across this little fellow. He was tucked in between the wheels on a set of tandems. He was about a foot long, just a baby. I captured him and turned him loose in the little patch of woods between my shop and the taxiway at the airport I work at. It is a southern copperhead. I will be looking for more now that I know there may be more around.

Copperhead.jpg

KMixson said:
So there I was servicing this truck this morning and as I was under the truck on a creeper I came across this little fellow. He was tucked in between the wheels on a set of tandems. He was about a foot long, just a baby. I captured him and turned him loose in the little patch of woods between my shop and the taxiway at the airport I work at. It is a southern copperhead. I will be looking for more now that I know there may be more around.

Copperhead.jpg

Hey guys....not trying to sound like a "know it all", but this is not a copperhead. It is a young cottonmouth or water moccassin. How do I know this?......Well, since the early 1980s, I've been a commercial snake breeder for fun. I've done and still do lots of work with the Conservation department and St. Louis Zoo. I also sent this picture to some of my friends to confirm "cottonmouth", and they agree.

This is one snake that as fishermen....we need to leave alone as the cottonmouth bite is usually a lot worse than a copperhead. Be careful out there.

Here's a link that shows the southern copperhead pic with a western cottonmouth. I know we aren't talking about the western species, but it's what I could find quickly.

https://www.kingsnake.com/stha/western-cottonmouth-southern-copperhead.jpeg

Again...not trying to "trump" anyone, but I believe if I can help educate even one person when it comes to snakes....the world is one person better off.

I stand corrected. I was going by the copper color. I have never seen a cottonmouth around these parts that are that copper color, even the young ones. Usually they are a darker color. The older cottonmouths are really dark. The spots on the lower jaw give it away as a cottonmouth. Thanks.

After further review it seems to be a Florida cottonmouth. All I have ever seen around here are eastern cottonmouths. They must be moving north.

KMixson said:
I stand corrected. I was going by the copper color. I have never seen a cottonmouth around these parts that are that copper color, even the young ones. Usually they are a darker color. The older cottonmouths are really dark. The spots on the lower jaw give it away as a cottonmouth. Thanks.

Juvenile cottonmouth are always much more colorful than the adults, and in my strange world of snake loving....quite beautiful. Still very dangerous.

Juvenile copperheads, although similar in pattern to their adult counterparts are also beautiful. Very rich vibrant colors with a lime green tail tip. They use that tail for something called "caudal luring"....which is an amazing thing to see.

Here's a quick video of caudal luring (not a copperhead though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SENfwmWe6o

Again, hope I didn't step on any toes with the correction.

Waterwings said:
I am definitely not a snake person, and would have probably seriously hurt myself trying to get out from under the truck. :shock:

Same here! I wouldn't be standing around trying to figure out what kind it is either. :LOL2: