TinBoats Twitter - Random posts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S&MFISH said:
Zum,do you know how to get that stuff off?
No....
Scraped for a few hours last night.
Today at work,it's real humid and wet...scraped again,got most off.
I know acetone burns in cuts and I will follow instructions and wear gloves if touching that stuff again.

Zum,the reason I asked is that we use a variation of the 2part foam as an adhesive in roofing.We get it on our hands all the time,as it soaks through cloth and leather gloves.Usually have to let it wear off.I've found that the more your hands are wet the faster it comes off.The best prevention is wearing latex or nitrile gloves when working with it.You can also speed up the removal by wearing those gloves to promote hand sweating.

fender66" I had to make a similar decision last Friday night. Do I go trolling for fish on the lake or motoring for them on the river? I chose the river because I could stay out longer. (lake closes a half hour after sunset) I made the wrong choice. Not even a bite! Guess this means I'm not qualified to answer your question....so nevermind. :? Good luck though.[/quote said:
Chris,
You must have put in in Valley Park and went up upstream.I did that about a month ago and ran up past Castlewood SP. Didn't get one bite either.Saw a lot of those darn carp,thousands of them.

Oh yeah! Since someone is nice enough to stream scanner feeds online, now I can listen to the cops on my phone. If you want a perm link in your phone, just pull the Windows Media Player stream, grab the .asx file via properties and send it to your phone. I just emailed myself a list. Just click on the stream and play it. So cool, now I'll know why the fire dept is racing down the street!

Live Police, Fire, EMS, Aircraft, and Rail Scanners on RadioReference.com
www.radioreference.com

I guess I might put myself in the geek category, but after helping two people with their cell phone setup yesterday, they already calle me a geek.

But I must ask, Why does the manufacture exclude links to Microsoft voice command? It's there..., installed and ready, but my boss didn't even know she had it? The called support and they said it wasn't an option on their phone, HTC Touch Pro 2? not an option? Seriously!

The other gal just got a new phone and immediatly ran up data charges - DOH! She got that fixed and also has voice command now. ;)

Alrignt, getting ridiculous, this morning I've already been 'consulted' twice for phone questions, and once for computer issues. Seriously, read your manuals people!

Had another cell question before lunch - one of my bosses want's speech to text on her phone so she can speak a text and send it.

Can't she just call the person? I mean seriously, speech to text can be iffy on a desktop, do you really think a 700(something) ghz pda with 512k working memory will really handle it?

By the way, if you want to know, tellme is highly rated app on MS phones.

Got curious today. Only 192 more posts and I make the top 25 by post count. That's good and bad I guess. Based on the last few posts, I must gripe a lot.

:LOL2:

wasilvers said:
Had another cell question before lunch - one of my bosses want's speech to text on her phone so she can speak a text and send it.

Can't she just call the person? I mean seriously, speech to text can be iffy on a desktop, do you really think a 700(something) ghz pda with 512k working memory will really handle it?

By the way, if you want to know, tellme is highly rated app on MS phones.

Tell her to buy a droid.... Tis' but a trivial, and standard option. :mrgreen: I do love my phone... :lol:

wasilvers said:
Oh yeah! Since someone is nice enough to stream scanner feeds online, now I can listen to the cops on my phone. If you want a perm link in your phone, just pull the Windows Media Player stream, grab the .asx file via properties and send it to your phone. I just emailed myself a list. Just click on the stream and play it. So cool, now I'll know why the fire dept is racing down the street!

Live Police, Fire, EMS, Aircraft, and Rail Scanners on RadioReference.com
https://www.radioreference.com

I guess I might put myself in the geek category, but after helping two people with their cell phone setup yesterday, they already calle me a geek.

But I must ask, Why does the manufacture exclude links to Microsoft voice command? It's there..., installed and ready, but my boss didn't even know she had it? The called support and they said it wasn't an option on their phone, HTC Touch Pro 2? not an option? Seriously!

The other gal just got a new phone and immediatly ran up data charges - DOH! She got that fixed and also has voice command now. ;)

lol...... my droid gets all that stuff for free..... my app for the scanner is called scanner radio.... I can listen to any public saftey scanner in any city in any state for free on my phone.

wasilvers said:
Alrignt, getting ridiculous, this morning I've already been 'consulted' twice for phone questions, and once for computer issues. Seriously, read your manuals people!

They don't send the phone's with a manual anymore

perchin said:
lol...... my droid gets all that stuff for free..... my app for the scanner is called scanner radio.... I can listen to any public saftey scanner in any city in any state for free on my phone.

My phone allows me to make and receive phone calls. Even including that....it's still a Pain in the A$$ and I don't want it. :|

Guess I should have linked to the app, or even the mobile site. Didn't wabt the app for my 3 stations and the mobile nav took a lot of clicks and only played mp3.

But then, Sometimes I like doing things the hard way :D

fender66 said:
perchin said:

My phone allows me to make and receive phone calls. Even including that....it's still a Pain in the A$$ and I don't want it. :|

I like mine.... its darn near replaced my laptop... Free text, I'm using over 300 free apps, speech to text, translater to any known language, touch to talk free (like nextel), bump (allows me to literally bump someone else's phone and then get their contact, music, photos, apps, etc.) Free navigation (gps), free chart plotting (for the big lake), Fully flash capable internet surfing. And I don't have to worry about losing service by holding the phone incorrectly....<---(that one was just to razz the I-4 users.. :lol: ). All in all the nay sayers of smart phones have probably never actually used one for a week.

Jim said:
Love my Droid X. Best free work provided phone I have ever had!

I had a buddy of mine buy a Droid Incredible for $120.00. He kept it about a month then upgraded to a Droid X. While upgrading they gave him a $100.00 credit for the Droid Incredible. So it actually cost him $20.00 for a Droid X.

KMixson said:
Jim said:
Love my Droid X. Best free work provided phone I have ever had!

I had a buddy of mine buy a Droid Incredible for $120.00. He kept it about a month then upgraded to a Droid X. While upgrading they gave him a $100.00 credit for the Droid Incredible. So it actually cost him $20.00 for a Droid X.

I wouldn't call going from the incredible to the x and upgrade at all... :?

nathanielrthomas said:
I just farted in my office and it smells like a dead animal. :shock: I sure hope it clears before the next patient comes in.

just blame it on them.... when they walk in make a funny face and ask them if they still need to see you

Latest posts