TinBoats Twitter - Random posts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the tinboats tourney, we saw some impatient people at the ramp.

In the am, while the ramp was filled with byob trying to launch his boat, while the rest of us just watching him suffer, the line got a little long. The guys first in line thought they'd save some time and get their motor primed and ready. So while waiting in line at the top of the ramp, they cranked on it for a few minutes. It's like it hadn't run in about 6 months. Stutter and die, stutter and die. Finally it caught, and they gunned it up, let it run for a bit to get warm, then shut it off. As they were pulling away from the launch, I heard one shout to the other, "Does it have any water coming out?" :shock:

As we were finishing up the day, a guy and gal were launching right in front of us. He was backing the boat in while she walked alongside with the rope. Well, they must have unstrapped EVERYTHING because as he got on the incline, it started to slide off the roller trailer. She shouted at him, so he stopped and it was about ready to drop on the concrete. She had the rope and laid into it like a cattle roper, the whole boat and motor (which was down) came sooooo close to being dropped right on the ramp. One of us jumped down and pulled on the bow while it see-sawed on the back of the trailer till more help came and got it back on the trailer. That would have been a big :oops: to start the evening fishing trip.

Good news: I was able to get out to fish after 2 1/2 months. :D
Bad news: A friend and I did not catch anything in 4 1/2 hours. :evil:

If you get spray insulation on your skin,don't get a kleenex so you can open the door up.Then don't rub your hands together,to try to get it off.
My hands kinda look like sesame streets big bird...but white.

Thoughts from an insomniac:

Why is it a pair of undies can go sour in a matter of hours, but my wallet that has been hanging off of my hind end for 12 years still smells like leather?

Not to self:

Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the same time. :shock:

pamountainman said:

Why is it a pair of undies can go sour in a matter of hours, but my wallet that has been hanging off of my hind end for 12 years still smells like leather?

Not to self:

I don't think I have ever had the urge to smell my wallet. :?

pamountainman said:

Not to self:

You are not thinking of wearing leather undies now, are you?

Need some help - should I fish the big lake tonight so i can run the big motor or go to the electric only and fend off bats with the TM

The big lake does not produce as well as the bat lake but at 256 mph the bats cannot keep up

Captain Ahab said:
Need some help - should I fish the big lake tonight so i can run the big motor or go to the electric only and fend off bats with the TM

The big lake does not produce as well as the bat lake but at 256 mph the bats cannot keep up

I had to make a similar decision last Friday night. Do I go trolling for fish on the lake or motoring for them on the river? I chose the river because I could stay out longer. (lake closes a half hour after sunset)

I made the wrong choice. Not even a bite! Guess this means I'm not qualified to answer your question....so nevermind. :?

Good luck though.

Jim said:
If my house ever burns down It will be because of the POS Keurig coffee machine. It has a mind of it's own.

Strange.... We have had no problems with ours. I love it..... found a small little store in harrison that I can pick up 50 k-cups for $10.99!!! :mrgreen: Gotta love the Green Mountain Mild blends..... and the Vanilla bean BAM!!! :lol: