TinBoats Twitter - Random posts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm listening to my boss have a conversation with a big name insurance company about a claim on her house...I can't believe how poorly they are treating her...the house got hit by a car in a police chase and the walls & foundation got damaged - they're now telling her that they're only covering 1/3 of the damages.

one100grand said:
I'm listening to my boss have a conversation with a big name insurance company about a claim on her house...I can't believe how poorly they are treating her...the house got hit by a car in a police chase and the walls & foundation got damaged - they're now telling her that they're only covering 1/3 of the damages.

That is how insurance companies work. The insurance companies do not make money paying claims. They make money collecting premiums. Offer her some advice, "Get a lawyer".

Off work today because of the rain. Good thing,because after 4 days of tornado damage repairs I'm behind on getting ready for our 11 days at Lake of the Ozarks. Leaving tomorrow,hope the lake isn't too murky, and the rain is out of the picture for a while.

:LOL2:
epic-fail-photos-parenting-fail.jpg

KMixson said:
That is how insurance companies work. The insurance companies do not make money paying claims. They make money collecting premiums. Offer her some advice, "Get a lawyer".

Don't worry about the lawyer bit - she's already pursuing a lawsuit against the police for shooting out the guys tires...this was in a highly populated residential area and they were shooting 9MM's at the car (the driver was unarmed btw)

This situation is definitely FUBAR - the insurance company is claiming that she didn't have enough coverage on the garage to cover the damages...how exactly does the garage not get covered in a home problem?

I get to play prison volleyball tomorrow, we put together a pretty killer team (no pun intended) and will be playing whatever they come up with for teams. I read that they have practices and 'live' for these games. I guess it's against a few teams back to back, 3+ hours of play.

My first time, it got 'postponed' for a few years for some unspoken reason...I'll be honest, I'm kind of nervous... :roll:

Had to change in the 'inmate showers' at prison volleyball. Check that off the bucket list :LOL2: And we played the equivalent of 4 full matches that day - Whew!

Last night I cut my livewell cover THREE times, the first time I thought it was 24 inches long and it is 28 inches (should have written it down). Then I tried getting the right size from a curved piece and was 1/2 short. Finally I got it right and rounded the edges (since it is 3/4 inch ply and sticks up a bit) So I was painting my livewell cover a really cool custom red color with pearlized clear over it to match the boat colors, and then splattering black on it. It was looking awesome (for a guy new to an airgun) when I forgot a step and DROPPED BLACK paint on it. I could have cried. All that work and it is crap. #-o :( #-o

fender66 said:
I still hate Mondays. Especially when I have to work.

Wait...that's all Monday.

Okay...I still hate all Mondays!

As it's been long publicized, I know how you feel about Mondays, but how does Tuesday strike you?

the fishing forum i visit has turned into a bunch of santimonius blowhards.i'm now trying to get banned.i've really started to piss people off :LOL2:

one100grand said:
fender66 said:
I still hate Mondays. Especially when I have to work.

Wait...that's all Monday.

Okay...I still hate all Mondays!

As it's been long publicized, I know how you feel about Mondays, but how does Tuesday strike you?

Tuesdays are better. No Monday morning meetings to start things off poorly. :LOL2:

Shooting hoops good makes you a professional basketball player just like catching a big fish makes your a tournament bass angler.