To deck or not to deck?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did y'all go? Lake Acworth? If so, how have the fish been doing over there recently? I haven't been on there since Dec.

bassboy1 said:
Where did y'all go? Lake Acworth? If so, how have the fish been doing over there recently? I haven't been on there since Dec.

We went up to Lathem Reservoir last Sunday didn't stay long, went to Acworth today and caught one dink. I don't know about that place sometimes, my neighbor caught a 10lber out of there a couple years ago. I know there are some big ones in there but sometimes or most of time you can't even buy a bite.

I usually get the latter. You know not to eat anything out of there right? I wouldn't let a fish from there come near my mouth. Kinda makes me wonder if the same pollutant is what is making the largemouth so big.....

question?? how did u paint your boat??? did u sent to a paintshop? did u use rattle cans? did u use a sprayer/compressor?? im curious, i have the same boat as you do, and i would love a good finish like yours?

thanks

kemical said:
question?? how did u paint your boat??? did u sent to a paintshop? did u use rattle cans? did u use a sprayer/compressor?? im curious, i have the same boat as you do, and i would love a good finish like yours?

thanks

Gave it a light sanding, wiped it down with mineral spirits and then used Krylon Fusion (rattle cans), Olive Green and Khaki.

I sanded and scraped the old decals off, rattle canned with self etching primer on all bare metal areas, sprayed the red and black and rolled the silver.

Attachments

• 4 painted boat1-s.JPG
    4 painted boat1-s.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,926
asinz said:
Here are some pics of what I have gotten done, not loaded in any order. Still a ways to go!

wow =D> i love what you did to your boat,, did u use tape to cover the boat on the sides to paint khaki on the lip/edge of the boat, how many cans did u use,,lol?? i have a compressor/sprayer i think im going to use,, 2 coats of primer,, and 2 coats of auto paint,,from autozone,, hopefully it will work for boats..

just looked up Krylon Fusion,, impressive, dont need primer it quotes.. hmm maybe i can spray/rattle can inside of boat,, that nice tan/khaki color were the boat will be exposed(parts not covered in carpet)

thanks

awesome boat! if you ever need a fishing partner, let me know - I'm just up the road in Canton.

I went to Lake Varner last weekend with a guy. They say that is the place in GA for double digit bass, about 850 acres. They say any cast can pull in a dink or a hawg! We were out there right before the front came through, not to mention it was 100 degrees.

Lathem is not far from Canton - bout 15 min or so. I haven't fished it, but from what I hear it is a quota pond - ton of bass... but not many lunkers.

Shoot me an email sometime - [email protected]... I might be able to sneak away.

I am just over the hill in Cartersville, so either one of y'all, if you want to head out, I can bring the Yazoo. Just shoot me a PM. I am good for most any weekend and during most school holidays.