Tohatsu 18 HP outboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucescoflathead

Reaction score
Yesterday at work, we were discussing outboard motors. One guy said the Tohatsu 18 hp 2 stroke was the motor to get. He said they will give a 25 hp 2 stroke a run for their money. Anyone have any experience with them? Thoughts on this? Thanks Todd

I have one('98) and I like it a lot. Had a 25 HP Nissan 2 stroke and traded for a lighter motor. It's not as fast......about 4 mph less in top speed when I GPS'd it on my 1448.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332108#p332108 said:
lucescoflathead » Yesterday, 07:53[/url]"]Yesterday at work, we were discussing outboard motors. One guy said the Tohatsu 18 hp 2 stroke was the motor to get. He said they will give a 25 hp 2 stroke a run for their money. Anyone have any experience with them? Thoughts on this? Thanks Todd

Tohatsu 18 is a very strong running 18 that is also very light weight. I had one that was actually too much for my 14ft. Myers. Make sure you get a current model as the older Tohatsu parts are sometimes hard to provision.
While shopping consider that Tohatsu and Nissan are the same motor with different badges.
Good luck
rob

Latest posts