Topper Measurements for Modification Planning

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishingeezer

Reaction score
That is an excellent build. Hopefully I can get an answer to this from anyone. Bein an old geezer on a fixed income, I am planning on buying a tracker topper 1436 and completing some modification with the help of a buddy who is a great welder and knows aluminum. Since I haven't bought yet and its January in Ohio, this is just for planning. Can anyone who actually owns a 1436 topper tell me the distance between the aft seat and the middle seat? Since I plan on buying new, it should be a 2014 or 2015 model. I believe the beam is 60 inches at the top rails and 42 at the bottom. Also need to know the distance from the transom to that aft seat for figuring out what gas tank will fit. Also the distance from the second seat to the front deck seat. Here is the plan and tell me what you all think. I will create a deck with pedestal bass seat up front and in the middle. I am going to try and install two livewells on either side between that back seat and the second seat. Cannot even plan until I know those dimensions. Anyone have a tape measure and a Tracker 1436 Topper? Thanks fellers!!

Weight is about 125 lbs
Beam is 52"
Width @ bottom is 36"
Transom to rear seat @ bottom is 16" with transom brace @ center
Rear seat to center seat is 46"
Center seat to front seat is 48"
Transom hieght is 16"
Beam @ bow is 30"
Front seat is 14" wide(or long?)
Rear and center seat are 18"wide(or long?)
There are 2 foam blocks behind the rear seat. One on each side. From transom to seat. Each 12" wide, leaving 27" between them....with the transom bracket in the center.
All measurments are approximate and from my 2012 tracker topper 1436.

Hope this helps (altho probably not what you wanted to hear)
Gary

Thanks for the info Gary. That does help. I was most interested in the distance from the aft seat to center seat and the distance from the center seat to the front deck seat. 46 inches from rear to center is great. Also center to front being 48 inches also helps. Anyone else have different beam measurements? I think on the 2014 or 2015 the beam is 60 inches and at floor level its 42. Now I have some planning I can do. Hopefully with live wells on each side I wont exceed the weight limit of the boat. Anyone know the size of the live well on the 15 footer? Thanks everyone for the help!!!

fishingeezer said:
Thanks for the info Gary. That does help. I was most interested in the distance from the aft seat to center seat and the distance from the center seat to the front deck seat. 46 inches from rear to center is great. Also center to front being 48 inches also helps. Anyone else have different beam measurements? I think on the 2014 or 2015 the beam is 60 inches and at floor level its 42. Now I have some planning I can do. Hopefully with live wells on each side I wont exceed the weight limit of the boat. Anyone know the size of the live well on the 15 footer? Thanks everyone for the help!!!

Sounds like you're looking at a 1442, not a 1436

Yeppers Gary, you are right. I looked at something screwy. The beam is 53 and at the bottom its 36. Your measurements are perfect for the information I needed. You can answer or anyone else can. How much can you exceed the weight capacity and still be relatively safe? If I go ahead with these live wells on either side between the aft and center seats, I am estimating they will hold about 25 gallons of water, which is about 417 pounds of water. There goes my ability to have 2 buddies fishing with me. If the live wells have additional foam around them will that help the flotation? I am thinking that they will be empty until they are filled with lake water for the return trip full of fish. Anyone's thoughts?

fishingeezer said:
How much can you exceed the weight capacity and still be relatively safe? If I go ahead with these live wells on either side between the aft and center seats, I am estimating they will hold about 25 gallons of water, which is about 417 pounds of water. There goes my ability to have 2 buddies fishing with me. If the live wells have additional foam around them will that help the flotation? I am thinking that they will be empty until they are filled with lake water for the return trip full of fish. Anyone's thoughts?
I'm not sure how much you can exceed the weight capacity and be safe. The max capacity on a 1542 Topper is 775lbs. So if you put 417lbs. of water in the boat there's not much capacity left. Just curious, why do you need 50 gallons of livewell capacity? I've seen a lot of boats and owned a few over the years, but never with that much livewell capacity in that size of boat. 15 to 19 gallon live wells are much more common.

I agree gillhunter. Now that I have looked at different methods, I think I will use a 100 quart cooler as a live well and should be able to put it in front next the forward deck seat after I modify and add additional decking to that area. That way, the flotation in the front deck seat will be there to compensate a bit, and having it there, will also level out the weight of the outboard aft.

Latest posts