Trailer guide spacing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastfling

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm in the process of putting trailer guides on my trailer and had a question as to the spacing between the boat gunnel and the guide. Is there a rule of thumb on this or is it a whatever works for you type thing? Any thought or opinions would be appreciated. I've got the guides made and to the point of attaching to the trailer. Thanks again.

When my boat is fully on the trailer, there is about 2" between the gunnel and the side bunks (my guides run parallel with the boat

Thanks for the reply, but my guides will be uprights behind the rear trailer tires, not parallel to the boat.

I don't know if it's right but mine are only about an inch(if that,probably less).I find that if I get the boat inbetween them,the boat always centers itself,don't have to worry about the bunks going on the wrong side of a hump(sorry,heat got to me,can't remember the name of the bumps on the bottom of the boat).

Thanks a bunch, that was exactly what I was looking for :mrgreen: And, yeah, my son and I had to manhandle the rearend over the hump last time out to get it centered on the trailer. :( Thanks again

Latest posts