Trailor tire help!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uglystk

Reaction score
Hey guys my tire just went out on my older trailor and it has the hub and wheel all in one my local retail shop doesn't have anything and I was wondering if anyone on here as any suggestions. The over all length on the axel is about 4 1/8" long I found a assembly (hub440 and bearing l44649) they fit but I needed about another 1/8 of an inch to get the nut all the way down to the cottering pin hole. I will take any suggestions I'm about to start cutting things up so any last suggestions will help thank you!

https://www.easternmarine.com/8-Fixed-Hub-Integral-Tire-Rim/ just like this but my bearing the l44649 is slightly larger then 1" so I don't think that will work and I would really like to convert it to a regular hub assembly

I ran across an issue today of an axle assembly my brother gave me.
He said it was metric. When I went to put the hubs on the standard 1" shaft,
it was about 2mm too small. RATS ! So I had to buy new hubs from NAPA for $50 each.

the L44649 is the most common 1" shaft bearing by Timken.
Can you put an accurate micrometer on the shaft ????

I wish but I don't have those or calipers with me right now but it the l44649 is one inch then I will just settle with the ones from eastern marine

No I haven't checked harbor freight out there is one right down the street from me though (sorry for the double post)

yes, the L44649 bearings are the standard 1" trailer hub. For both 4 and 5 lug wheels.
Don't know what to tell you about what you have.
other than go to Harbor Freight on line and see what they have.

when you have time, please complete your profile
so that we will know what part of the country you hail from.

If the tire is a standard size just replace the tire. This will give you time to find a proper solution.

I had the same problem on the trailer I have under my StarCraft 14'. I had the all-in-one wheel/hub combo as well. When I went to put on new hubs, they were too long.

A little investigation showed that there are 2 different spindle sizes:

https://blog.easternmarine.com/trailer-spindle-identification/

StraightSpindle_shortVsStandard.jpg

There is a short hub, part number BT-150A, that will take 1" or 1 1/16" bearings that might work for you.

Hope that helps.

Tommy

Latest posts