Transducer kicking up spray

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried flipping the bracket, but that left the TD too high. So ended moving bracket up 1/2” and then centered screws in middle of slot. I then slightly tilted the tail of the TD down. Just slightly. I’ll report back after I use it. Probably will be Friday as we are staying at my In Laws camp for Turkey day.

Well it appears that all is well now. Reason I say is that we only got on plane once and I forgot to turn around and check it. The motor wasn’t soaking wet while idling into marina. So I “think” it’s good now, but really won’t know until next time I got out. We were in shallow water just about the entire time and just idled to the marsh areas not far from the launch. It read fine though.

It’s still spraying motor, but it’s much better. It’s hitting just below the cowl attachment line. So I guess it’s fine. It didn’t read well over 25mph today. Lots of lilly pads floating around out there. Several times I had to stop and clean the transducer off. I was out in the Atchafalaya Basin.

Keep making very tiney adjustments, no reason it shouldn't read at wot if adjusted right. Any debris like Lilly pads changes evertyhing, the transducer must be clean ! Every so often I clean mine with window cleaner or car polish.