Transom rebuild 14' aluminum boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya fair enough, might as well just use the one product. In terms of quantity, do you have any recommendations? It's gotta be enough to seal two pieces of plywood about 12"x1"x5' and then enough to glue and fill bolt holes (it's also my first time doing it so I'm sure there's gonna be a bit wasted).
My other concern is getting the epoxy, as it seems a little harder to find raka here in Canada.
I know I ask a lot of questions but I'd rather plan out properly haha

maintenanceguy said:
I suspect that cap comes off of the transom to allow replacement of the wood.

I did something similar to this:

Add a couple of pieces of all-thread from the transom to the rear bench seat. I actually installed a piece of stainless rectangular tubing behind the seat but the seat will work just fine. These rods will add an enormous amount of strength to your transom and prevent flexing. Would definitely be strong enough to support a heavier motor - assuming the boat itself won't be too heavy in the back.

transom_support.JPG

I was thinking the same thing, and then I scrolled down and saw this. That is exactly the way to go to allow for a heavier motor with more torque.

Latest posts