Trolling motor head reversal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbkustom

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me or show me pics on how to reverse the head on a transom mount minn kota trolling motor? I have a lack of space on the transom and now I need to do a bow mount. Also anyone know if anyone sells the bow mount kit seperatly?

The last one I did had one screw under the head into the shaft. I took it out, rotated the head around, and reistalled the screw. Not sure if yours is the same.

mbkustom said:
Could anyone tell me or show me pics on how to reverse the head on a transom mount minn kota trolling motor? I have a lack of space on the transom and now I need to do a bow mount. Also anyone know if anyone sells the bow mount kit seperatly?

You can mount a transom mount on the bow.Check out the boat mods section and the electrical section.

Specknreds said:
The last one I did had one screw under the head into the shaft. I took it out, rotated the head around, and reistalled the screw. Not sure if yours is the same.

Almost all of the Minn Kotas I have delt with are just like that.

MinnKotas are very simple. Remove the bolt (make sure the nut doesn't fall off the other side), reverse the head and reinstall the screw.

OK this will sound dumb, but is the head the top control portion or the bottom prop portion?

Thank you all,
I knew that this was the site to get the info i needed. Also checked some of the boat mods and found a nice simple bracket design that will most likely work very well for my boat.

Also checked some of the boat mods and found a nice simple bracket design that will most likely work very well for my boat.

Would you mind throwing up the link to that? I looked a while back and didn't stumble up on anything. Thanks.

Just looked at the pics again and noticed he even set it up with a lock. The guy did a great job. The part i like is its simplicity.

Latest posts