Trolling motor help please!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Home Grown Basser

Reaction score
Okay i need some help.

I recently bought a Motor Guide 70#/45" Pro series trolling motor from bass pro i got it mounted correctly and when im operating on a high speed 3-5 it is extremely hard to turn to the left (foot operated i meant to say) i have to put alot of force on the pedal to get it to turn and its only left that is hard. Can anyone help me? is there somthing wrong with it. Thanks
-Kody

We have the same Tm., a Motor Guide 70lb w/ 45'' shaft and ours does the same thing. Higher speeds it'll be tougher to go to the left but boy if you wanna go to the right, :lol: no issues there! Just make sure you have it mounted very solidly & securely. We at first had issues where it would rattle pretty bad if we stopped & then started up right from 3-5. Again just the torque from the motor made it do this so much sure everything is very secure.

I had the same problem you are talking about with my 71# motorguide... the problem was how how the linkage from the head of the motor to the foot pedal was bent in a few places - the result of not repositioning the foot pedal was a broken cable during a tournament

Look into the Tour Gator Spring mounts too... HUGE difference than the flex 360 you are currently using

Latest posts